Poll

Thoughts?

Loved it, useful information!
Liked it alot, interesting missing piece.
It was OK, nice to see familiar faces.
Disappointed, same old ****!
Hated it, three minutes I'll never get back!

Author Topic: Mobisode 12 - The Envelope (poll)  (Read 6413 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Mobisode 12 - The Envelope (poll)
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
I have liked all of the Mobisodes, even the ones that don't really seem to have a point, but this one I REALLY did not like it.  It led up to something that did not happen!  AHHH!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: MOBISODE 12-The Envelope
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Where is the link?? What was it about?? WHo is in it??

musepsycho

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
They're all here. It's with Juliet & Amelia(? - do we know that's her name?). I wonder what the point is with it though. Does the envelope contain Ben's X-rays? Does Ben have a thing for Juliet? Mysterious...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:16:04 PM by musepsycho »

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »
This appears to be the envelope in question:

It really was a pointless mobisode.  We knew she was upset that Ben had cancer.  I don't think it provided any new insight or additional info on any character - just another deleted scene.  Overall disappointed in the mobisodes, but we are close enough now to the real thing - thankfully.  ;D

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
Maybe the point is that Ben having cancer is not just bad for him, maybe it is trying to show that the protection that they seemed to think was always there is not there anymore.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
12 done and no Kate. Very disappointing.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »

Are these really new or are they deleted scenes?  I saw another thread that she was unavailable because of other requirements, but all of these except maybe the first, appear to be scenes that were just cut out.  No reason she couldn't be a part of it.  If they took the time to shoot these seperately, then I am even more disappointed.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
Yeah, these are supposed to be new scenes.  Supposedly I read that there is some kind of big connection, I think.  :P

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
They are newly filmed scenes that are suppose to fill in some of the blanks. We are suppose to figure out where they fit in.

musepsycho

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
Actually, this mobisode is a deleted scene. Mitchell mentions it in the DVD commentary for the "A Tale Of Two Cities" episode... But I believe the rest are new.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
Yah, the envelope is clearly Ben's xrays and Juliet is about to confide Ben's cancer in Amelia. The interesting bit to me was early on when Amelia asks if Ben has told Juliet how he feels. Really makes it sounds like they've been expecting Ben to use the L word.

This would tie in to the "they've got history" remark Tom made at one point.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
I think it helps confirm the factions...everyone is choosing to believe in Ben and his connection with Jacob...but this is big blow, cancer, is the island letting Ben get sick, or making him sick...do they need to believe in Ben...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »

I hear the last mobisode will have no dialog.  It's just the deleted scene of Kate in the hatch shower before Jack walks in.   :o  Wait, maybe that was a just a dream I had.... :-\

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Mobisode 12 - The Envelope (poll)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 11:19:20 AM »
http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

I liked this one, even though it didn't really tell us much.  It does make us think, though.  I would guess the envelope has Ben's x-ray inside, but we don't know that for sure.  I would guess they are referring to a personal relationship between Ben and Juliet, but we don't know that either, only that they have a history between them.  Could Ben's cancer mean that they are all in trouble somehow or is there some other secret in that envelope.  How do we know it's even about Ben?  Is Juliet's history with Ben a romantic one or not?  I'm not convinced it is.

I've said it before, these missing pieces are only meant to pass the time until the new season starts.  While some weeks have been more interesting than others, as a whole they've succeeded in doing just that.  We're just about there and we're as involved as ever!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:33:15 AM by lostfan777 »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Mobisode 12 - The Envelope (poll)
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
I thought it was good. Not great. Better acted than some of the other ones.