Author Topic: HUNT 3-8  (Read 11288 times)

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT 3-8
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
I'm still stuck. I found a bonus code but my answer doesn't go with what I found that hint #1 refers to. I sent Sledge & Astro a pm telling them where I was stuck. Then a hour later, found something else. So I think I might have the right answer but not confident with it. I'll probably submit tomorrow because it'll drive me crazy until I do. Then the waiting for the solution, ugh.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
wow.  i actually think i figured one out.  but no bonus, i have no idea.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
man!  why is it that i just stumble my way through these things?  i find something out then get stuck for a loooong time.  man!

Offline chrisadams888

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 11:50:52 PM »
I was going to give up when I was completely stumped with the last hunt, but the pull of the hunt is too strong!  :)  I actually think I figured this one out, too, so I guess it's good I didn't give up!  I submitted just now.  Now the agony of waiting!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 12:21:07 PM »
boy i hope 12 people didn't get right answers yet!  well....y'know...i want you all to do well but i want another hint!  to double check...y'know?  anyhow, if you get a bonus code right but you submit it after 12 people do you still get the point?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
boy i hope 12 people didn't get right answers yet!  well....y'know...i want you all to do well but i want another hint!  to double check...y'know?  anyhow, if you get a bonus code right but you submit it after 12 people do you still get the point?
yes.  that's the only way i have points

scottmhoward

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
for as long as submitting is possible, you will get your bonus code points.  Same with the answers.  As long as you submit it, you will score.  Even if you're number 18th to submit the correct answer it will still be 'tallied'.  you'll get a bonus point, but you just obviously won't get any points for the hunt answer (unless after 2, 1, 0, he goes into negatives) ;D

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
i think that for the first time the 1st hint helped me LOL

* i have to admit i haven't had much time for the hunt lately....*

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »
I figured out hint 1.  I'm slow today!

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »
I submitted.  I didn't get a bonus code.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
i submited too, but i'm not at all sure about my answer..... i feel i have only taken 2 steps out of... who knows how many... but i didn't know where to go next and i got no bonus code.....

well, i didn't wanna do like in the star of Bethlehem and have the answer since day one and submit only in day 5 or something and get no points......

my goal this hunt was to get 1 point.... i still have hopes LOL

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 12:31:27 AM »
It's really pretty funny reading through this thread. Everybody is being really really vague, and yet we all know exactly what the other means.

It looks like either the hint is delayed until tomorrow or enough Q's have gotten it right. The tension seems to be building in the storyline.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 03:18:16 AM »
yeah, I'll go ahead and confirm for you guys, there have been at least 12 correct answers submitted now, so there won't be any more hints.  Hopefully Sledge can get the solution posted sometime this weekend for you all to see. 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »
Good work guys! Good to know that we will be seeing some many names on the board this week!  I know I was too late, I came on yesterday at 9 or something to check and see if a second hint would validate my answers, but there was no second hint!  I submitted a bonus code, so hopefully that will be good enough.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
i may have actually got something right!!  hopefully if i did, i submitted soon enough to get points.