Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 47674 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol
« Reply #540 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:26 PM »
And you never know but you might just see juggy and his family on the telecast.
I know you're going to record it.  But, have you set a limit on how many times you're going to replay Danny's home visit before accepting that you didn't get on camera? ;D

Is 20 to many times?

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 13, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »
Wow, that was something else.  Kris' acoustic performance was unbelievable!  Don't know why the judges liked Danny's "you are so beautiful" so much.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 13, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
Kris's acoustic was the best song of the night. I would put that on my I-pod. I thought Danny was very good also.

But neither of them matter with the jugdes. They have already decided that they want Adam to win. I am so sick and tired of Adam singing each song exactly the same and the judges pee on themselves from excitement. He ruined One. He does the same screaming screechy ending to every song. One and Crying were complete copies of each other. I can not stand his scream at the end of each song. It makes my ears bleed.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 13, 2009, 03:29:53 PM »
I thought Kris' performance of 'Apologize' was pretty good---I don't think he hits the higher notes as well as he thinks he does.  It disappointed me slightly because he had so much give to the song, he could have made it really special and he didn't.

His second performance was decent.  I thought the judges praised it a little too much.  I also hate Kanye West with a deep passion.

Paul didn't do any favors for Danny (IMHO) by picking the song ...Dance Little Sister? Is that what it was called?  I'd never heard of it until last night.  Even though I think he has a really great voice, and even though I think he is a really nice guy--there wasn't anything special there for me.  I do, however, have no problem with the dancing.  It always makes me smile because he looks like he is having a really fun time up there.

I've never liked the 'You are so beautiful' song, but Danny made me like it.  I don't care what any of the judges thought about the arrangement, I really liked the arrangement!  Very very nice, beautifully sung. 

Adam does what he does.  He is a phenomenal vocalist and is obviously the favorite to win.  I wasn't as impressed with his songs last night, but he is still too good to lose at this point.

I said on here from the very beginning that it would come down to Adam and Danny--but after last night, I was concerned that Danny might be in trouble.  However, I checked up on votefortheworst.com to see who they were voting for--and everyone on there is voting for Danny.

It may just end up that way, but I will be surprised at nothing with this show.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »
Sorry about your boy there, Jug.  He's still got a career.. no worries.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 16, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »
i hated to see danny go, but he'll get his own contract. 

i think he'd make a great christian artist, and i bet simon would have never put out a contemporary christian album.  but hey, it's another genre and there's a lot of money in it too.

i'm glad kris is there.  he's earned it.  i like him.  i hope he wins just to see the judges jaws drop.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 16, 2009, 09:11:37 PM »
No, no....Adam NEEDS to win.  I will lose all hope for the show if he doesn't.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 17, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
Sometimes the runners-up fare better than the winner.  Several of these kids have a bright future in music.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2009, 12:33:09 AM »
Sorry hatchy, but I do not like adam at all. He is a one trick pony with his screaming at the end. I would never buy any song by him

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »
Sorry hatchy, but I do not like adam at all. He is a one trick pony with his screaming at the end. I would never buy any song by him
me either.  i agree with juggy

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
yeah I like Adam, but I think I like Kris more-I hope he pulls it off!

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
Adam is a full-on rock star.....do we need to pull out a list of the greats to compare?

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 19, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
I don't believe he's a one trick pony.  However, I do believe that he's been acting like one more often than not.  He needs to get it through his head that he doesn't have to show his range (read: scream) each time.  His best performance was Mad World.  He needs to show more self-control.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 19, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
Adam is a full-on rock star.....do we need to pull out a list of the greats to compare?

Please do not compare this poser to some of my all time favorites. It will be an insult to them.

Compare him all you want meatloaf.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »
You know, he wouldn't be where he is in the competition if he wasn't talented--I don't think millions of people are voting for him because he sucks.  I'm starting to think your brain isn't functioning properly, Juggy...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:01:16 PM by The_Hatch_Monkey »