Author Topic: Magnet Hum and Glow in Pilot  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Goat74

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Magnet Hum and Glow in Pilot
« on: December 24, 2007, 01:56:30 AM »
Now, it's been a LONG time since I watched season 1, but just today I was starting over to ramp up to season 3 (and to initiate a new viewer the right way) and noticed, for the first time, that the hum and the bright white sky created by the magnet at the end of season 2 is audible and visible outside of Kate's window in her flashback to the crash.

Nothing earth-shattering, but I was wondering if I'm the last person on the planet to notice this.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Magnet Hum and Glow in Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
Just watched it the other day,but didnt pay attention, now I have to go rewatch it....lol

I rewatched it. and I think its the same sounds reused...the high whine is just the turbine engine of the plane...and the bright light is in almost every flashback on the plane...to me only a glare of the sun in the windows...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 06:00:14 AM by Cowboy UP!!! »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:58:04 AM »
We know that the countdown timer was to zero & the magnet was charging up on the Island, though.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »
We know that the countdown timer was to zero & the magnet was charging up on the Island, though.
true but its buried under the concrete, I dont think it was audible from the sky.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:24:19 AM »
true but its buried under the concrete, I dont think it was audible from the sky.
It was when Des turned the failsafe, but Idk how "charged" the magnet was when it brought the plane down.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
It was when Des turned the failsafe, but Idk how "charged" the magnet was when it brought the plane down.
right, but it also imploded then too....there was no damage to the Swan the first time...

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:41:36 PM »
My bet is we're seeing an event caused by the Des missing the button. There's gotta be more going on with that crash too. There has to be some explanation why so many people stayed so healthy and why Jack showed up so far from the rest.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
Wow I didn't notice that. Nice.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »
Hmmm wasn't there an earthquake at the book club or was that the sound of the plane breaking overhead?

This is an interesting intersection..but we also know that this is what cause their crash right?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »
Hmmm wasn't there an earthquake at the book club or was that the sound of the plane breaking overhead?

There was a similar rumbling when the Hostiles attacked the DHARMA workers, whilst young Ben was in science class at school. I'd just assumed it was blasts from grenades and had forgotten about the book club scene. Interesting.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »

There was a similar rumbling when the Hostiles attacked the DHARMA workers, whilst young Ben was in science class at school. I'd just assumed it was blasts from grenades and had forgotten about the book club scene. Interesting.
I thought that the earthquake in Ben's childhood flashback was similar to the one preceding Smokey's attack on Keamy's team!