Author Topic: HUNT 3-3  (Read 31203 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT 3-3
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
Ok, the names should be fixed now, so that changed the scores a bit, because it was separating them out (in the series standings mostly). For a while there, I had accidentally set everyone's name in the hunt to Dirty Earl, so, I hope you got to see that Dirty - you had all the points. lol. Fortunately, I was able to fix it all.

Offline chrisadams888

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
I, too, was focused on the "appex" misspelling for a while.  But I really feel dumb because I got nowhere near as far as any of the rest of you!!  I guess I'll keep trying, but last year I at least felt like I was on the right track for many of the hunts.  oh well. :-\

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »
it seems like as soon as you type in the right thing into google or whatever all of a sudden you are there!  but it just depends on finding that "right thing"!

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »
Ok, the names should be fixed now, so that changed the scores a bit, because it was separating them out (in the series standings mostly). For a while there, I had accidentally set everyone's name in the hunt to Dirty Earl, so, I hope you got to see that Dirty - you had all the points. lol. Fortunately, I was able to fix it all.

Darn, I did not see that - but hopefully by the end of the hunt I reach that number!

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »
How do you or how should I have done this, for future reference, please ---> 3) Overlay new flickr image onto clue image to isolate letters EX IF... EXIF data is what you need

Never heard of EXIF data but would have eventually found it.
Devilish,
Well, when Sledge had me do a test run on the hunt, I opened my Image editing software (such as photoshop, fireworks, Gimp, etc.) and pasted the eye image over the first one and then deleted the box with the eye in it.  That did it!  However, I believe that most people simply printed out both images on paper, then cut out the eye box to reveal the EXIF part.

I'd never heard of EXIF data either, but a google search gives the connection to images, and once you search a little further there are many readers online that can display the data.  And as a side note, if you right-click on the image file, and choose to open it in Notepad, you'll see a bunch of garbage, but near the top, mixed in with the garbage, is the EXIF data.

Thanks Astro/Juicebox!! I don't know that much of how to do stuff with photoshop. I don't think I would have ever tried to paste another picture on another. Also, I was working with the wrong 2 pictures, lol.

Oh yea, I forgot about the appex also. Spent some time on that. I also anagrammed vide infra. Which led to me other routes.

All the HUNTS seem so easy after you get the solution to them. Also glad to see this year's going all week since I work the night shift. I'm off every weekend(fri-sun) though so thats when I spend most of my time on them.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »
it seems like as soon as you type in the right thing into google or whatever all of a sudden you are there!  but it just depends on finding that "right thing"!

Yeah MaggieQ, you hit the nail on the head there.  Its not always what you know, its if you were lucky enough to enter the right combination of words into google.  lol.

Offline lauren27

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2007, 11:04:08 PM »
I also have to share with you all now that Sledge and I put a stat tracker on that site.  So we could see which IPs were hitting the page and how often, then we could track those IPs back to SW users.  It was really interesting to see who got to the site when.  I'll post some stats on that in this thread when I get the chance. 

can we get half a point for visiting this site? ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
did you know that if you anagram sheldon lee glashow you can get all kinds of cool statements about sledge?  yep, spent a while on that.  got a few laughs.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »
did you know that if you anagram sheldon lee glashow you can get all kinds of cool statements about sledge?  yep, spent a while on that.  got a few laughs.
OoOoOoOHhhhhhhhh

PLEASE post!!!! pretty prease!!!!!

i need some laughs right about now ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
OoOoOoOHhhhhhhhh

PLEASE post!!!! pretty prease!!!!!

i need some laughs right about now ;)
i already threw away my paper that had it on there.  if i have time i'll re-do it later.

Offline lostinwine

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
does anyone have an idea on how to get the exif info on a Mac? according to wikipedia, you can find the info through finder and clicking on get info and then expanding the more info section. this doesn't work. I would like to know how so I don't feel cheated!!!!

thanks

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »
lostinwine: does this website work for you? http://www.posted-online.com/exif/
just put this address http://host.jbdev.net/glashow/ into the "exify" bar.  thats what i used, hope it works!