Poll

Will LOST's viewers continue to decline?

Viewership will decline
16 (88.9%)
Viewership will rise
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Poll: LOST Viewers  (Read 3470 times)

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Poll: LOST Viewers
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
According to Wikipedia, LOST's second season had fewer viewers than the first, and the third season had fewer viewers than the second (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)#Ratings). And season three itself showed a general decline (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%28season_3%29#Ratings).

So, do you think LOST will continue to decline into the fourth season, or will it rebound?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: LOST Viewers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »
That's a har d question to answer. Generally a TV show will lose following over the years. It's inevitable. However, the Season 3 Finale was HUGE. Lots of people watched the S3 finale, probably to the point where there are dozens if not hundreds of new or reinstated viewers. The reason they lost people in S2 was because it became a bit boring, and it seemed like some of the episodes were just filler. The loss in S3 came almost entirely from the horrible first half of S3, which I would overall rate a 6 out of ten. Not any better than any other show around. However, I think that the Season Finale revamped some of the folowers and we will show an increase in viewers.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:38:12 PM »
I say decline.  I don't see it going up in any huge numbers.  This is a show you need to watch beginning to end and many new viewers aren't willing to make that commitment. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »
I said "decline" as well. But I think this will happen with all network shows, at least as measured by how many watch them when they're first aired. More and more people are watching online, or on some other delayed basis like TIVO, or even waiting for the DVD's.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »
I say decline.  I don't see it going up in any huge numbers.  This is a show you need to watch beginning to end and many new viewers aren't willing to make that commitment. 

I agree with Ashley. All shows have some decline over the years and Lost is not an exception. Worst, Lost is a show you HAVE to keep up with! if u loose an epi, you KNOW your gonna loose info!
And i agree with LAS too. Since Lost is such a "complicated" show, many ppl rather watch  on tivo to make sure they don't loose epis at all. Or buy the DVD..

I personaly watch it online (it doesn't air in Portugal till march, and i can't wait 6 months to watch teh epis :D)

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »

I agree with Ashley. All shows have some decline over the years and Lost is not an exception. Worst, Lost is a show you HAVE to keep up with! if u loose an epi, you KNOW your gonna loose info!
And i agree with LAS too. Since Lost is such a "complicated" show, many ppl rather watch  on tivo to make sure they don't loose epis at all. Or buy the DVD..

I personaly watch it online (it doesn't air in Portugal till march, and i can't wait 6 months to watch teh epis :D)

I agree totally here... i know people that say they dont liek it because theyve only "caught an episode here and there" and right away i know thats why they dont like it. you have to see every season in order every episode to really enjoy it. the number of new viewrs will sure keep declineing the further you get into the series anyway.

But i know no matter what they will never lose this viewer.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:42:07 AM »
What if they killed off all the hot women?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 12:57:51 AM »

That won't stop BR! Right, BR? BR?

Actually they seem to be doing that. The only hot man killed off lately, I think, was Eko. Maybe Paulo counts. I love Charlie, but don't think of him as hot. Meanwhile we've lost Libby, Ana Lucia, Naomi, Colleen, Nikki, any others? All in the last season and a half.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 02:20:59 AM »
oh jeez i dunno i wanted to take time off when libby was killed... but i dunno..... lol... NEVA!!!!!!!

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »

That won't stop BR! Right, BR? BR?

Actually they seem to be doing that. The only hot man killed off lately, I think, was Eko. Maybe Paulo counts. I love Charlie, but don't think of him as hot. Meanwhile we've lost Libby, Ana Lucia, Naomi, Colleen, Nikki, any others? All in the last season and a half.

HEY! whatusayin'boutmybabePaulo?????????
Have u seen him outside lost?????
He's FREAKIN' HOT!!!!!!!!

that was, imho, the worst lost we had in lost (of hot men ofcourse!!!)

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »
Aw geez, Paulo, Paula. I shoulda known I'd get in trouble. Please forgive me oh mighty princess. Is there a sucking up icon.... Close enough.  :-*

musepsycho

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
I say decline. Mostly because of the short seasons & long hiatuses coming up.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 07:53:22 PM »
Aw geez, Paulo, Paula. I shoulda known I'd get in trouble. Please forgive me oh mighty princess. Is there a sucking up icon.... Close enough.  :-*

that's better, thx ;) :P :D

i agree with decline for all teh reasons stated above, including the dead hottie girls LOL
i for once will NOT stop watching lost for whatever reason, but as said before, all series loose audience over the years!

(and as muse very well said, the L-O-N-G hiatuses don't help! AT ALL!!! I WANT LOST BACK!!!!)

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 01:33:16 PM »
wait.... Palo is hot outside of lost... has anyone seen the movie 300?? yeah Palo is in that... as Xerxies (Pronounced Zerksies) the "God King thats bald and has piercings everywhere... ya thats hott... and to let you all know... thats sarcastic... and plus i dont dig guys just wanted to make fun of Palo

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »
wait.... Palo is hot outside of lost... has anyone seen the movie 300?? yeah Palo is in that... as Xerxies (Pronounced Zerksies) the "God King thats bald and has piercings everywhere... ya thats hott... and to let you all know... thats sarcastic... and plus i dont dig guys just wanted to make fun of Palo

BadRobot you are now officially in my black list!!!!
Paulo (that's how it's spelled btw) is a very very very HOT brazilian guy that yes, appeared as a very... womenlike-pierced-evil-god-king (Xerxes) in 300, but was also in Love actually, Charlies Angels and much more (probably unknown in he US).
if u keep it up, i'll have to dig my Rodrigo Santoro pics ans start posting them all over your threads!!!!! :D

so, be warned! DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY DEAD HOT PAULO!!!!!

P.S.-i'm joking, i'm not mad at you but i will fill threads with hottie pics of him!!!!