Author Topic: DIZZYB DIZZYIZZY DIZZYBECKSTER DIZZY DIZZY DIZZY I'M DIZZY  (Read 54277 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: DIZZYB DIZZYIZZY DIZZYBECKSTER DIZZY DIZZY DIZZY I'M DIZZY
« Reply #690 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
Dizzy said to say hello

Offline daisy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 03, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
wotzdizzydoin'

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 03, 2009, 10:01:49 PM »
She is living life, working and having fun, she sends her love to you!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2009, 02:49:49 AM »
sorry for being offline - i found a life... but it wasnt mine so I gave it back.

I've really been awol so I didnt spoil myself, we only got to watch the finale on Sunday - but wow, nay WOW that was pretty cool huh? I'll post in the forum once I get more time and catch up on all the theories

UPDATE: still temping at Sleepmasters, enjoying it, good crowd, easy work, and they seem to like me. Nothing permanent yet but it is in the budget for July to make one more full time position in customer servies and the chair already has my name on it. So just a matter of hangin on til the directors finalise the details I guess.

Kids news: Millie tried on her new school uniform. OMG my baby has all growed up!! She has her first "visit" in June then starts in the reception class in September. Can't believe it. My lil munchkin! She's still not consistently dry by day for those of you who were following that story, but she is improving, and with the bribery of getting a rescue dog in the summer if she stays dry, she's improving daily.

When I came home from work today, there was an amazing chocolatey smell coming through the house. Beth and the girls were baking a surprise cake, and Jordan, bless him, made dinner for us all! (chicken nuggets and cheesy mash potato, sweetcorn and garden peas with ketchup) They shooed me off to the bathroom for a half hour kid free relax after a busy day while the finished cooking and set the tabe! I can't remember the last time I had a bubble bath during daylight hours! It was sheer bliss! I had a cuppa tea made for me, and Kennie even rubbed my tired feet. I so love my kids - they are the best in the whole world! And I just wanted to share that moment with you.

By the way the "surprise" bit of the surprise cake was the chunks of chocolate covered banana and marshmallows arranged on top of the chocolatey icing/frosting covered chocolate cake. "This cake has one of our 'five a day' in it Mummy". It was yummy and all the more sweet ffor the extra love that each of the four kids kissed into it. Needless to say they weren't all that hungry to eat their dinner as they all helped "clean" the mixing bowls!

So that's pretty much us. It's half term next week and 3 kids are off to Granny's for a mini holiday. I'll no doubt find time to catch up on the 16 pages of unread posts then.

Mwahhhhhh's to all

B
good to see you back!!!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 04, 2009, 06:29:50 AM »
She is still temping but a new place I believe

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 23, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »
omg people guess what? ::) ;D :D ::) :o :) ;D :o ::)? I got offered a contract finally!!! I've been temping at the same place since end of january and they finally bit the bullet and decided to make it more semi permanent! I have a contract for 6 months full time, then there's a girl off on maternity leave so I think I'll be ok for a good while! I am sooooooo relieved!!!!

Big apologies for not treading the boards recently, I've been neglecting you and shall flog myself as punishment. My faboo hubby has just finished burning this season to disc so I'll be rewatching again soon and catching up on all your wacko theories. (And I dont mean MJ there btw)

Kids are having a blast with Granny on their summer hols this week. We are off camping for a week in August (first time since I was a nipper!) down to Daisy-ish country so are looking forward to that. Millie still isnt dry by day, but she understands it's wrong now at least. Beth, bless her heart, my poor Beth was flashed at by a total pervert on her way to school one morning which has completely knocked her confidence. She's getting better but doesnt like walking alone anywhere. Both big kids had a set back when we had to cut off contact with their mother and maternal grandmother completely last month - they (the mother/g'mother) are not sticking to the rules of the protection order and we just cant risk any harm coming to them. So in many respects I'm glad it's done. but it's been a bit emotional.

What else..... erm.... I'm watching Jack in Vantage Point right now... and missing LOST terribly.... Saw Speed Racer last week too.....

Well i'll leave you that lil nugget to digest. Thanks all for looking in on me from time to time. Nice to see familiar faces on Facebook popping up, hope you all are well too.

Special thanks to Lil for keeping the thread nice and tidy!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((sledgelings)))))))))))))))))))))))))

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:59:41 PM by Dizzybeckster »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 23, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
omg people guess what? ::) ;D :D ::) :o :) ;D :o ::)? I got offered a contract finally!!! I've been temping at the same place since end of january and they finally bit the bullet and decided to make it more semi permanent! I have a contract for 6 months full time, then there's a girl off on maternity leave so I think I'll be ok for a good while! I am sooooooo relieved!!!!

Big apologies for not treading the boards recently, I've been neglecting you and shall flog myself as punishment. My faboo hubby has just finished burning this season to disc so I'll be rewatching again soon and catching up on all your wacko theories. (And I dont mean MJ there btw)

Kids are having a blast with Granny on their summer hols this week. We are off camping for a week in August (first time since I was a nipper!) down to Daisy-ish country so are looking forward to that. Millie still isnt dry by day, but she understands it's wrong now at least. Beth, bless her heart, my poor Beth was flashed at by a total pervert on her way to school one morning which has completely knocked her confidence. She's getting better but doesnt like walking alone anywhere. Both big kids had a set back when we had to cut off contact with their mother and maternal grandmother completely last month - they (the mother/g'mother) are not sticking to the rules of the protection order and we just cant risk any harm coming to them. So in many respects I'm glad it's done. but it's been a bit emotional.

What else..... erm.... I'm watching Jack in Vantage Point right now... and missing LOST terribly.... Saw Speed Racer last week too.....

Well i'll leave you that lil nugget to digest. Thanks all for looking in on me from time to time. Nice to see familiar faces on Facebook popping up, hope you all are well too.

Special thanks to Lil for keeping the thread nice and tidy!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((sledgelings)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh Dizzy this is all so good except for the guy who exposed himself to Beth.  As for Millie that to shall pass!

I am so happy for you I mean really truly happy things are moving along!  Camping yeah oh you are going to see Daisy?  Give him our love!

And you are welcome keeping this place tidy was an honor and a pleasure!

I am glad you are having a great summer!   :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 17, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
What do we need to leave a trail of chocolate for you to come visit us?  I know yo uare working yeah!!!!!!!  Hope the children are having fun

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2009, 10:49:18 PM »
How's the becksters?!!??! having a nice summer holiday?

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 05, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
i cant believe its back to school on Monday. and only 110 days to xmas. Something out there is sucking up the days.

we spend over 800 on camping equipment this summer, and its rained almost every weekend since. where's the logic in that? If only I had a huge empty room to dry all the kit in then we'd camp every weekend. Sitting huddled round a crackling fire toasting crumpets listening to a kid on the bongos in the next tent. the sound of the tent zips opening and closing in the middle of the night followed by heavy footsteps and the sound of someone falling over guylines, searching for the torch for the trek to the toilet block. the smell of bugspray, firelighters and babywipes. having muddy feet and dirty fingernails and not really caring all that much. hunting for dry firewood amongst the bracken and prickly undergrowth, and the buzz of finding a fallen branch just off the path. watching the kids play frisbee with complete strangers squealing with excitement and enjoyment, like they've been friends for years. the daily rituals of pumping up the airbeds and trying to find a dry teatowel to wipe the dead wasps out of the crockery.  back to basics treasure hunts, find me a feather, flower, nut, bug, leaf as big as your hand etc.  But its the fire that fascinates me. glass of wine in one hand, and sturdy fire pokin stick in the other, chewin the fat, getting a red face and cold back

yeah. i love camping. it's great fun.

this random post brought to you by the procrastinator staring at the hundreds of bags and boxes clogging up the dining room who just cant be bothered to haul them up 2 flights of stairs for them to gather dust in the attic until the next ray of sunshine.

love to all.... miss ya. really must keep in touch better.

b

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 05, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »
HI DIZZYY!!!!  :-* Good to see you again!

You know, I was never really interested in camping. None of my friends went, so nobody ever invited me, so I never got to go. But with this description, I wanna go NOW!!! There are another 2 days to the long weekend... there's still time, but I just have to find someone.  :-\

I think with the buying-stuff-then-it-rains thing, it's the same thing that happens with everything else. Buy a new snowblower, and it won't snow as much this season. Wash your car, and it'll rain the next day. Purchase a house, then the market crashes. You know. The usual.  :D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 05, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
i cant believe its back to school on Monday. and only 110 days to xmas. Something out there is sucking up the days.

we spend over 800 on camping equipment this summer, and its rained almost every weekend since. where's the logic in that? If only I had a huge empty room to dry all the kit in then we'd camp every weekend. Sitting huddled round a crackling fire toasting crumpets listening to a kid on the bongos in the next tent. the sound of the tent zips opening and closing in the middle of the night followed by heavy footsteps and the sound of someone falling over guylines, searching for the torch for the trek to the toilet block. the smell of bugspray, firelighters and babywipes. having muddy feet and dirty fingernails and not really caring all that much. hunting for dry firewood amongst the bracken and prickly undergrowth, and the buzz of finding a fallen branch just off the path. watching the kids play frisbee with complete strangers squealing with excitement and enjoyment, like they've been friends for years. the daily rituals of pumping up the airbeds and trying to find a dry teatowel to wipe the dead wasps out of the crockery.  back to basics treasure hunts, find me a feather, flower, nut, bug, leaf as big as your hand etc.  But its the fire that fascinates me. glass of wine in one hand, and sturdy fire pokin stick in the other, chewin the fat, getting a red face and cold back

yeah. i love camping. it's great fun.

this random post brought to you by the procrastinator staring at the hundreds of bags and boxes clogging up the dining room who just cant be bothered to haul them up 2 flights of stairs for them to gather dust in the attic until the next ray of sunshine.

love to all.... miss ya. really must keep in touch better.

b

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  Can I go camping with you next time.

I love to hear the tales of the DB's

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 05, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »
if I could afford to ship all the equipment I'd camp in chicago next year but its looking like i will only be able to afford sending you a cake. :( I sooo need a winning lotto ticket!

to those who havent camped before - do it, It's great fun!.... Britain went camping crazy this summer EVERY supermarket had bargain priced equipment, and i reckon every attic will be stuffed with things that wont see the light of day again until next spring!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 05, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
I know some other folks who went and had fun! 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 05, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
I love camping. The whole works... minus the mosquitoes. I even like the campfire because it's still a novelty. I even don't mind if it rains or is cold, as long as you've got a good sleeping bag and a warm sweatshirt. But if ALL you're doing is camping, I'm not really fond of it... it needs to be near a body of water to be worth the trip.