Poll

Who is Libby connected to?

Penny
3 (23.1%)
Widmore
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Penny & Libby Rumor!  (Read 10263 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Penny & Libby Rumor!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 05:15:27 AM »
I'll bet they're sisters-in-law.  I'm guessing Libby was married to a Widmore.  Just guessing.  Maybe she blames Pappy Widmore for her husband's death and wanted to spite him by facilitating Desmond's participation in the race?  And help out her dear sis-in-law, Penny?  Hmmmmm?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
I'll bet they're sisters-in-law.  I'm guessing Libby was married to a Widmore.  Just guessing.  Maybe she blames Pappy Widmore for her husband's death and wanted to spite him by facilitating Desmond's participation in the race?  And help out her dear sis-in-law, Penny?  Hmmmmm?

Oooh.  Lakie likey this!  Good thinking SOL!  And nice to see you've posted recently.  I've missed ya!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »

Oooh.  Lakie likey this!  Good thinking SOL!  And nice to see you've posted recently.  I've missed ya!

But this assumes Libby knew Des and Des didn't know Libby.....

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 01:38:36 AM »

But this assumes Libby knew Des and Des didn't know Libby.....
Libby could know about Des without Des knowing about Libby.  With her stint in the mental hospital maybe her husband was the black sheep of the Widmore clan.  Never acknowledged publicly but still part of the family.  Just speculation.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
Exactly.  All Hurley has to say to Des is something like, "There was this chick...her name was Elizabeth...but we called her Libby..."  (Libby could have given Hurley her full name if/when Hurley added her to the Census.)

Perhaps Hurley knows she used to have a boat?  Maybe Libby gave him a picture of her ON the boat?  Or her on the boat WITH Penny?

In any case, it only takes something simple for Des to make the connection.

Libby was in the Tail Section, so Hurley never got her full name.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 12:44:24 AM »
Exactly.  All Hurley has to say to Des is something like, "There was this chick...her name was Elizabeth...but we called her Libby..."  (Libby could have given Hurley her full name if/when Hurley added her to the Census.)

Perhaps Hurley knows she used to have a boat?  Maybe Libby gave him a picture of her ON the boat?  Or her on the boat WITH Penny?

In any case, it only takes something simple for Des to make the connection.

Libby was in the Tail Section, so Hurley never got her full name.

They talked all the time. She could of told him her name at any time.

Offline Wardroy

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 04:47:42 AM »

[/quote]

They talked all the time. She could of told him her name at any time.
[/quote]

but the main talking point between hurley and des would have been the whole charlie is gonna die revelation and des's future seeing, that would have monopolised the conversation, perhaps when they get back together after finding out charlie dies hurley will mention something like his 2 closest friends (charlie and this libby chick) have both died on the island, maybe that will be the prompt

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 03:36:29 AM »
and Hurley had the passenger list, so he knew her last name.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »
We don't even know her last name, do we?

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:25 PM »
Nope, that's one of the speculations flying around.   Could it be.................................WIDMORE??????????

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
That is an interesting idea.  She is the only one of the survivors that we have seen on the island and in flashbacks whose last names we don't know.  It must have been kept secret for a good reason!  This is why I love this site, you guys think of things I never would!

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Penny & Libby are SISTERS!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 11:05:35 AM »
yes, it sounds possible... but libby is american isn't she???

Claire being Australian and Jack being American hasn't stopped them from being related.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
Re: Penny & Libby are SISTERS!
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
yes, it sounds possible... but libby is american isn't she???

Claire being Australian and Jack being American hasn't stopped them from being related.

Quite right. I think I may have mentioned earlier that Daddy (or Mommy, for that matter) Widmore may have done a Christian.

Welcome, eelpie!

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »
Remember Ethan?  Hurley compares his census list to the flight manifest list and finds out Ethan wasn't on it.  Hurley had the actual list of names for the flight at one time.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 05:02:41 PM »
Remember Ethan?  Hurley compares his census list to the flight manifest list and finds out Ethan wasn't on it.  Hurley had the actual list of names for the flight at one time.

It's certainly possible Hurley (or Bernard, or just about anybody else) knows Libby's last name. Is that what you're getting at?