Author Topic: Orchid Station Orientation Film  (Read 14089 times)

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Orchid Station Orientation Film
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 03:34:14 AM »
OK -so what about the fact that Candle is wearing a Swan jacket, and we hear the Swan countdown in the background, and the Orchid recording is on film instead of videotape?  These people are detail-oriented, so it was not a mistake.

musepsycho

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 05:58:40 AM »
It is the ones that we hear about but never meet on the show that, obviously, are the most mysterious.  Like Radzinski, what the hell what HIS story?  And this Candle guy, always changing his names, do we even know if he was ever REALLY on the island?  Does this film kinda prove that now, what with the bunnies and all. Oh.  Let me grab this up quick.  This is from the rumors section at DarkUFO and it doesn't really make sense to me.  I guess Doc Artz got this in his email and it was all in Norwegian.  Appears to be from a Dharma Manual.  The text doesn't really mean anything to me, but the bunnies do.  At first I thought they were little islands, but notice the numbers of them.  15 and 8, both of which we have seen.  Anyhow, this is just a rumor as it hasn't been verified by any source yet.

I'm Norwegian. The language in this manual is not Norwegian, but Danish. However it has been translated by some bad translation software. It doesn't seem to have been translated from English, my guess is French, but that's really a guess! I actually wouldn't understand anything without the English translation - & I read a lot in Danish. I'm pretty sure this is fake!

Edit: Strange - the picture doesn't show every time... Maybe it pops in & out between realities?  :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:20:35 AM by musepsycho »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
It is the ones that we hear about but never meet on the show that, obviously, are the most mysterious.  Like Radzinski, what the hell what HIS story?  And this Candle guy, always changing his names, do we even know if he was ever REALLY on the island?  Does this film kinda prove that now, what with the bunnies and all. Oh.  Let me grab this up quick.  This is from the rumors section at DarkUFO and it doesn't really make sense to me.  I guess Doc Artz got this in his email and it was all in Norwegian.  Appears to be from a Dharma Manual.  The text doesn't really mean anything to me, but the bunnies do.  At first I thought they were little islands, but notice the numbers of them.  15 and 8, both of which we have seen.  Anyhow, this is just a rumor as it hasn't been verified by any source yet.

I'm Norwegian. The language in this manual is not Norwegian, but Danish. However it has been translated by some bad translation software. It doesn't seem to have been translated from English, my guess is French, but that's really a guess! I actually wouldn't understand anything without the English translation - & I read a lot in Danish. I'm pretty sure this is fake!

Edit: Strange - the picture doesn't show every time... Maybe it pops in & out between realities?  :P

I just thought I'd bring it up, it is hard to say what is real and what is not.  This, however, seems highly questionable because usually TPTB present things to the public and not to individuals, even if the intention was for them to share.  Also the language is a bunch of jumbo.  I'm just eager to get ANY lost news!  Thanks for looking into this, muse!

OK -so what about the fact that Candle is wearing a Swan jacket, and we hear the Swan countdown in the background, and the Orchid recording is on film instead of videotape?  These people are detail-oriented, so it was not a mistake.

Good observation there!  He was indeed wearing a Swan coat.  And there was a count down.  But now I feel ashamed of myself... was there ever a voice that spoke the numbers of the countdown?  All I can remember is the numbers clicking down silently?  Help?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
I'm still not entirely sure we can take it as canon.

As for the manual, I don't trust anything from Doc's site. Period.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »
I know you had mentioned earlier, JB about not being able to take it as canon because of the last comic con where they had the last episode of lost?  Was that right?  I guess I'd never seen it so I can't say if they just make joke videos for comic con.  I just think that this video had several things in it, like the bunny and Candle, that we've seen before so for ME it gives it validation.  Can you tell us what the "last episode" was like so we can compare the styles?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »
There was a countdown when Locke was trapped under the blast door...remember the voice was cutting in and out....the fake lockdown(when Desmond forced the doors down by hot wiring it)there was not a countdown...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »
Right.  But not actually a voice right before Des turned the key?  So the countdown we hear in the video is like the one we heard during the lockdown... so that station could have been experiencing the same thing.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Final_Episode_%28parody%29

I guess it wasn't at Comic Con, but this is what I was talking about.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2007, 02:16:40 AM »
Thanks for the links guys!  Very informative!  So in regards to Lou's post, we see that during the final stages of the swan there was no countdown but a repeat "system failure."  So the countdown from the Orchid is unique.  Sweet.
And thanks JB for clearing up what you were talking about.  I see that that "last episode" seems like it was for sure meant to be comic relief.  I think that the Orchid Film had a much more serious feel to it, like it was meant to be taken as fact as compared to this video.  I think it is strange that we get Candle putting on makeup in the beginning which is a little more light hearted that usual lost footage.  However, I still see this as a serious attempt by TPTB to make us look into Dharma a little more.  Again, thanks for the links fellas!

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2007, 12:29:14 PM »
well, i think it is real, since it's on abc.com lost page!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index

maybe tptb decided we need a little something to get us through till next year :)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
Right pauinha.  This video is made VERY public.  If this was just meant to be taken as fake, I think they would have at least made some joke about it, however it has all been presented very seriously.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »
i'm guessing this video is the real deal! i still have to watch it again, to catch some details, but i belive it's not a fake Ash!

at least we have something to discuss since the new season aint begining in a month....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
All right then!  I'm on board with you, Paula!  Going along the presumption that this is real, I'll need some time to get into the guts of this video-- the effect he was talking about in particular.  Calling on Puff!  Calling on Puff!  Explain, please!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
I am listening to the Comic Con audio on the Podcast, and I guess it sounds like it is canon...

It still seems a little less... Losty than the show. I don't really buy it yet.