Author Topic: ROSE AND BERNARD AND CANCER  (Read 2516 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
ROSE AND BERNARD AND CANCER
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:15:40 AM »
I can't find this anywhere, but I am sure someone else has probably posted this...But why is Rose and Bernard so willing to leave the island and help when Rose fears she may die when she leaves the island?  Bernard even promised her that they would stay.........

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: ROSE AND BERNARD AND CANCER
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:43:28 AM »
I can't find this anywhere, but I am sure someone else has probably posted this...But why is Rose and Bernard so willing to leave the island and help when Rose fears she may die when she leaves the island?  Bernard even promised her that they would stay.........

I wondered a little about that too. Think she's pregnant?  ;)

More likely they're just concerned that there'll be a constant string of attacks if they stay under the current conditions. So they need to get off or they need civilization to come to the island. Either way helping make contact with the outside world makes sense.

Offline Schmokey

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »
Good question!  Rose seemed to know that her healing was connected to the Island.  I think Bernard isn't as sure, but he'll stay if Rose believes they should.  I think this is a good point:

More likely they're just concerned that there'll be a constant string of attacks if they stay under the current conditions. So they need to get off or they need civilization to come to the island. Either way helping make contact with the outside world makes sense.

I would agree with you, LostandSeek.  But I also wonder if Rose's faith is wearing a little thin.  We haven't heard much from her lately, so it's hard to tell.  Have you ever had what seems like a "miraculous" experience, and when it first happens you are amazed and thankful, etc.  And then later that feeling wears off and you get bogged down with daily life and you forget how you felt?  Maybe Rose is thinking she might be okay off the island... or that it isn't worth staying.  She did ask Bernard if he would reconsider being one of the shooters if she helped him with his sign!  She might be thinking of his safety.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
I never thought that they were leaving.  I thought instead that they wanted to help their friends.  If their motivation to stay has been changed, the TPTB better step up to the plate and explain.  The fact that they want to stay puts them in Locke's bracket and justifies his actions.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »
It's possible that they recognize that without the protection of the group, they are too vulnerable to make it on their own, so despite what Rose had said to Jack ;), I think they're going by the "live together, die alone" principle.  They may still have the desire to stay, but they know it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the Losties to sabotage or be unsupportive of their efforts to go (a la Locke).  They may think that they would have the option to stay even IF a rescue is sent.

Great question, Ed. :)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 12:02:09 AM »
It's possible that they recognize that without the protection of the group, they are too vulnerable to make it on their own, so despite what Rose had said to Jack ;), I think they're going by the "live together, die alone" principle.  They may still have the desire to stay, but they know it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the Losties to sabotage or be unsupportive of their efforts to go (a la Locke).  They may think that they would have the option to stay even IF a rescue is sent.

Thank you Princess Amidala's mamma

musepsycho

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 09:12:50 AM »

Thank you Princess Amidala's mamma

Amidala's daughter! (Sorry Ed - I just could not let this pass...)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 09:20:47 AM »
OH DUH ED, I AM SO DUMB!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »
LOL  I missed this one!

A few years ago, I had the Amidala costume with the Princess Leia hair for Halloween.  I had to say that I was "Star Wars INSPIRED" since I wasn't quite true to either character. lol