Author Topic: Smokie's Sounds...??  (Read 4251 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Smokie's Sounds...??
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »
Has anyone tried to determine what the sounds Smokie makes are?? in the Pilot epi you hear Rose say " There was something awfully familiar about the noises it was making" ( to paraphrase). I've Figured out only one... The clicking of the calculator from John Locke's office in his flashback. I couldnt figure out anymore...

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
Re: Smokie's Sounds...??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:06:20 PM »
I think one of the sounds is supposed to be a New York taxi cab meter.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »
sweet ! thanks!... any others??

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:18:45 PM »
There was discussion at one poit that it was similar to the sound that am MRI machine makes.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
I don't know what a MRI sounds like, but if Smokey sounds like a MRI machine, then maybe the sign on the door when Kate visited her mother in the hospital was a clue.  The general consensus at the time was that it was a prop error.  Does anyone here know for sure what an MRI machine sounds like?

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/gallery/5_01_10_06_12_49_02.jpg

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:26:54 PM »
I don't know what a MRI sounds like, but if Smokey sounds like a MRI machine, then maybe the sign on the door when Kate visited her mother in the hospital was a clue.  The general consensus at the time was that it was a prop error.  Does anyone here know for sure what an MRI machine sounds like?

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/gallery/5_01_10_06_12_49_02.jpg

somewhat muffled  clunks and clangs repeated over and over and over. there are also rapid clicking noises.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:10:28 PM »
Interesting about MRI, I just read this in another thread strange that it pops up in both places:

And now with what you're bringing up (PsychedelicRelic), that sort of explains the "scanning" / MRI-like functions we have speculated about Smokey. If Smokey has the ability to shape-shift and change its size at will, couldn't just a single particle possibly accomplish the same "scanning" ability (photographing the images on the retina)? And in doing this, basically go undetected.
It also ties back with what we came up with long ago that Smokey is still functioning as designed (reporting / transmitting the images he acquires) but perhaps something about him is awry and they don't have complete control.... sort of like a Frankenstein's monster."

(the retina images comes from a Tesla theory that memories are shown on the retina and that we could see memories if there were an adequate machine to extract that image)

*refer to "this could be THE explaination" thread in spoiler theories and speculation