Author Topic: P-I-M-P My Thread (Just for JB)...  (Read 76880 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: P-I-M-P My Thread (Just for JB)...
« Reply #585 on: March 21, 2009, 11:26:06 AM »
I haven't been around that long, so my 5 biggest events aren't so amazing.

5. The day I got my car for Christmas. Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.
4. The day a friend told me that they wished more Christians were like me.
3. The night my car battery died... God works through mysterious means, but always takes care of us.
2. The week my parents decided to kick me out. Again, mysterious ways.
1. The day I met you Mandy.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 21, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
I haven't been around that long, so my 5 biggest events aren't so amazing.

5. The day I got my car for Christmas. Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.
4. The day a friend told me that they wished more Christians were like me.
3. The night my car battery died... God works through mysterious means, but always takes care of us.
2. The week my parents decided to kick me out. Again, mysterious ways.
1. The day I met you Mandy.

Number one was for me right?   ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 21, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
Maybe... ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 21, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »
Well, I truly hope not :P  It just wouldn't be right in the scheme of life!  After all Mandy has your heart

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 21, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
Holy crap HM... that is amazing! Details on the band and saving your sister life! (and for me to remember to check JB's thread..no offense JB)

*One of my favorite bands is 'Ben's Brother'...I was stunned that he recognized me out of all the friends on his myspace...we had only talked a couple of times before. 

*When I was in the 8th grade, my parents were both working full-time..and I was being home schooled (but teaching myself mostly)...one of my responsibilities was to walk with my little sister to school & pick her up from the bus stop afterward.  She was in Kindergarten at the time.
Anyway, it was Winter time, and the sidewalk was a little slick---we were walking down the sidewalk, past an entrance to an apartment complex.  I noticed a big pick-up truck advancing really quickly, even though there was a stop sign before heading out onto the road--they didn't seem to be slowing down.  Just as they were getting close to us...my sister, Kari, slipped on the pavement and fell.  I had been holding her hand, and I was a step in front of her----as she fell, I yanked her as hard as I could out of the way of the truck barreling toward us.  Just as I did...the truck flew right through the stop sign and onto the road--Thank God I had been holding her hand or she would have been hit.  It makes me cry even talking about it--she is almost fourteen now and still remembers it.

Honestly...what would I do without my little Pookie? \/

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 21, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
She's cute.

I'm kinda curious, though, why you'd post pictures of a 14-yo cutie in the pimpin' thread. ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 21, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
in no particular order:

*The day I had Samantha.  She truly was a gift from God.  A true example of God's grace and how he will bring us out of the biggest pits we can get ourselves into.
*The day my divorce was finalized.  Divorce may be a sin, but as soon as i asked forgiveness it was over.  That relationship and the pit it drug me into was no more!  i was free!!
*The day i got married to my hubby now.  Awesome.  To realize that someone can mean that much is great.
*The day my hubby adopted Sam.  She finally had a dad she could depend on, one who would love her unconditionally and be there no matter what. 
*The day i told hubby & Sam i was pregnant.  okay, the best part was telling sam.  she cried and cried and cried.  she was so excited!  we were too ( but at least we KNEW we were trying to get pg, she had no idea).

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 21, 2009, 11:33:11 PM »
in no particular order:

*The day I had Samantha.  She truly was a gift from God.  A true example of God's grace and how he will bring us out of the biggest pits we can get ourselves into.
*The day my divorce was finalized.  Divorce may be a sin, but as soon as i asked forgiveness it was over.  That relationship and the pit it drug me into was no more!  i was free!!
*The day i got married to my hubby now.  Awesome.  To realize that someone can mean that much is great.
*The day my hubby adopted Sam.  She finally had a dad she could depend on, one who would love her unconditionally and be there no matter what. 
*The day i told hubby & Sam i was pregnant.  okay, the best part was telling sam.  she cried and cried and cried.  she was so excited!  we were too ( but at least we KNEW we were trying to get pg, she had no idea).

See? This is what I mean. I'm not old enough to have awesome memories.

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 22, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
you have your whole life ahead of you to have more awesome days.  more of them, and ones that are "more awesome".  :)
funny, my memorable days are downers.  i don't want to drag down the thread so let's just say that they are days that opened my heart and eyes to the fact that it isn't just all about me.

carry on with the cheerful ones....quick, someone go!

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:02 AM »
Hm the story and pics got me teary. God bless your and your sister! How awesome you have your bundle to love on.

LB, I'm pm-ing you now... your story reminds me of my brother.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 22, 2009, 08:46:16 AM »
in no particular order:

See? This is what I mean. I'm not old enough to have awesome memories.

JB you are old enough to have great memories!  How about the day  you realized your faith was important to you?
the day you met Mandy and fell in love
the day  you found your first pet frog?

You don't have to save a person's life to have a great memory!

For me this is an odd good thing but when my parents divorced.  They were miserable for years and i was happy becaues they both could find happiness!

When i got my first apartment my freedom!

I know we look at things differently, but embrace and be thankful for you are blessed.  How about people who reached out to you....... I mean there is so much out there to be thankful for.

Q- dump in my thread anytime!  ((((((Q)))))

Hatch it is wonderful that you love your sister so much! 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 22, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
you have your whole life ahead of you to have more awesome days.  more of them, and ones that are "more awesome".  :)
funny, my memorable days are downers.  i don't want to drag down the thread so let's just say that they are days that opened my heart and eyes to the fact that it isn't just all about me.

carry on with the cheerful ones....quick, someone go!
Most of mine have a tinge of sadness to them as well. Please, go ahead and list them. It's not the 5 best moments, but most memorable moments. :)

And I agree, I have some good memories, and at least some of those memories will stay in the top 5 forever, but I'm still waiting for my real life to begin (if I can quote Colin Hay). I haven't had the chance yet to say...

*The day I had Samantha. 
*The day i got married

And these are sure to be among the best memories I'll have.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 22, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
((((((((((JB)))))))))))))

Memories light corner of my mind, misty morning colored memories.............

(oh I really detest that song, but it fit here)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
but jb, your life has ALREADY begun.  i have so many more fabulous memories that have NOTHING to do with having kids or being married.

*the day i graduated high school.  i didn't think i could do it.  i hated it every single day, yet i did it.  HUGE accomplishment.  probably the bigges EVER in my life. 
*the day i got accepted into that SAME high school.
*the day i got accepted into optometry school.
*the day i FLUNKED OUT of optometry school.  i realized that wasn't what i was supposed to be doing!
*when i was 12 and i woke up at 5 am to hike up a mountain to watch a sunrise.  pure awesome.  i still have the pic of that.
*when i was 13 and God answered a specific prayer.  that was the day i KNEW he existed, there and KNEW he heard me because no one else knew that prayer, and there was no way it would have happened without God's intervention.
*the day i stood in front of my church and got baptised, again.  i did it because i WAS a new person and i wanted everyone to see and know that.  so i did it.  with my sister.  in a creek, in november, in the cold.  yet it was awesome.

jb, there are plenty of defining moments in our lives.  it's ongoing.  we start living our lives the day we are born.  if you think your life hasn't started yet then you are missing out.  you are missing out on plenty of teachable moments, plenty of moments that are making you into the man you will become, the man you are.  each of those moments are molding you into who you will be. 

okay okay, i'll get off my soapbox.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
What great stories/snippets. :) :) :)  & I'm very impressed with all of your superior autobiographical memories! lol