Author Topic: You Know Where  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
You Know Where
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
When Jack finally got ahold of Kate at the end, he said " I know what you said, but I have to see you". What did she say and if she knew where to meet him, then she had met him there before. Why would Kate tell Jack not to contact her? Did anyone else get this from the ending?
<------Pyro[move]

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: You Know Where
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:10:56 PM »
When Jack finally got ahold of Kate at the end, he said " I know what you said, but I have to see you". What did she say and if she knew where to meet him, then she had met him there before. Why would Kate tell Jack not to contact her? Did anyone else get this from the ending?
<------Pyro[move]
Yup, I picked up on that too. Could be Jack's been calling a lot and Kate's had enough. Could be Kate's still on the run and figures Jack could be followed or bugged. Could be whoever got them off the island really doesn't want them communicating with each other. Could be all of the above.

Insufficient data.

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:42:22 PM »
wacky thought but what if the Kate in this timeline never went to the island and when Jack got off the island (as yet to be seen how) he is the only one with any memory of it, kind of like Desmond in Flashes Before Your Eyes.  The Kate in this timeline either doesn't remember being there or because the events of the timeline were altered, Kate was never there in the first place.
That may explain why she isn't a fugitive in this timeline, and why she seems to pity Jack rather than believe him. He has been pestering her and maybe other "Losties" with what they perceive to be insane ramblings about an island etc. And that is why Jack is in the state he is in.  Maybe she is the only former Lostie who has given him any hope of believing in him and that is why he keeps calling her and why the mysterious "he" she refers to musn't know she is meeting him. And Christian may indeed be alive in this timeline.   :)
Have to give this one some more thought but it is an interesting possiblility to while away the next months waiting.......

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »
wacky thought but what if the Kate in this timeline never went to the island and when Jack got off the island (as yet to be seen how) he is the only one with any memory of it, kind of like Desmond in Flashes Before Your Eyes.  The Kate in this timeline either doesn't remember being there or because the events of the timeline were altered, Kate was never there in the first place.
That may explain why she isn't a fugitive in this timeline, and why she seems to pity Jack rather than believe him. He has been pestering her and maybe other "Losties" with what they perceive to be insane ramblings about an island etc. And that is why Jack is in the state he is in.  Maybe she is the only former Lostie who has given him any hope of believing in him and that is why he keeps calling her and why the mysterious "he" she refers to musn't know she is meeting him. And Christian may indeed be alive in this timeline.   :)
Have to give this one some more thought but it is an interesting possiblility to while away the next months waiting.......

Well, doesn't seem likely. Kate seems to allude to the plane crash with the comment about Jack pulling people out of burning wreckage. And when Jack says, "We weren't supposed to leave", Kate responds with, "Yes, we were".

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »
Also, there is only ONE timeline.

Des's flash was a FLASH, not a new timeline.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 02:06:44 AM »
<------Pyro[move]
I assumed that the "he" that she mentioned was Sawyer, and he didn't want her (Kate) talking to Jack.  :-\

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 09:32:32 AM »
I respect your points and I too saw the episode and heard her, but heck, she could have heard the story from him a hundred times by now and she is being sarcastic. That is what I mean by she is pitying him. 

I'm not trying to discredit anyone's theories here, but just trying to look at the final scene with a different perspective.

And I forgot, there is only one timeline.
That whole Desmond thing was just something to throw us off. How stupid of me! Better get me back to the "right thinkers".  :)

Have a great summer y'all.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 09:41:23 AM »
I respect your points and I too saw the episode and heard her, but heck, she could have heard the story from him a hundred times by now and she is being sarcastic. That is what I mean by she is pitying him. 

I'm not trying to discredit anyone's theories here, but just trying to look at the final scene with a different perspective.

And I forgot, there is only one timeline.
That whole Desmond thing was just something to throw us off. How stupid of me! Better get me back to the "right thinkers".  :)

Have a great summer y'all.

Hey, different perspectives are good! Vital, in fact. Neither JB nor I meant to sound disrespectful. Hang around a bit longer, willya?

And I agree that she probably has heard from him a hundred times!!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »
I assumed that the "he" that she mentioned was Sawyer, and he didn't want her (Kate) talking to Jack.  :-\
[/quote]

I think that the fact that we assume "he" is Sawyer is the strongest reason to believe that "he" is NOT Sawyer.  Too obvious, and why would talking to Jack be so wrong in Sawyer's eyes.  He doesn't seem like the insecure, jealous, forbidding type.  They would sooner all get together for a beer, even if Kate was with Sawyer.

I also think we're wrong to assume it's a romantic "he".  Kate didn't have to be referring to a husband or boyfriend.  My thought is that she could be referring to someone who is hiding her from the authorities and doesn't want her associating with Jack or anyone in the spotlight.  "He" could be Ben or Richard or someone else with connections on and off the island.  Those guys seem to be able to make things happen when they need to, such as Juliet's ex catching his bus, Cooper showing up for Locke, etc.  I'm sure they could find a new identity or a good hiding place for a small town murderess.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
Yeah, we just don't have enough info to get a good handle on who "he" is.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »
We don't have enough info to make ANY conclusions about what will come next, which is the way a good story like this should be told.  Unfortunately, unlike a good book, we can't stay up late to read the next chapter.  This "page turner" is on hold for the next eight months! :'(

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »
That's why I love this show... you get to test the recesses of your mind for all possibilities and sometimes it's the most obvious choice, and other times it's something you could have never even thought up!