Author Topic: Ben caught between a rock and...  (Read 4887 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Ben caught between a rock and...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »
I think he is emphasizing his point, plus we know Jack and Kate don't die so he was also wrong
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:10:51 PM by Jugdish »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 01:38:35 PM »
I think it's just emphasis, personally.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »
I think he is emphasizing his point, plus we know Jack and Kate don't die so he was also wrong
That's true.  Ben does seem to put a lot of bank in his scare tactics.  Thanks for the opinions!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
That's true.  Ben does seem to put a lot of bank in his scare tactics.  Thanks for the opinions!

It'll be interesting to see just how wrong he is as well. I wouldn't be too surprised if the boaties want to kill every person on the island but are somehow prevented from doing so.

Offline Sawyers_Gotta_Gun

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 09:12:01 AM »
BEN IS WINNING BEN IS WINNING BEN IS WINNING
Oh My God can't you see it Ben is trying to con the Losties and he's winning.
Bens plan is to take down Jacob and be the ruler of the twin islands, when he has control of the iland he will be a god he can heal and kill and live FOREVER with the powers of Jacob because he was the last of Dharma and so hes next in line.

When ben says the guys on the boat are bad he means it and so when they come and do bad things they'll trust him a little more and slowly he becomes one of them and leads them to kill jacob.
For all we know the people on the boat are working for Ben and maybe Juliet is still reporting ways to gain their trust

Jacob is the God of The Island and Ben is the Devil whos trying to take over by influencing people

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
I don't know if Ben is the only Dharma person left.  He said to Locke at the mass grave:BEN: This is where I came from, John. These are my people. The DHARMA Initiative. They came here seeking harmony, but they couldn't even coexist with the Island's original inhabitants. And when it became clear that one side had to go, one side had to be purged, I did what I had to do. I was one of the people that was smart enough to make sure that I didn't end up in that ditch, which makes me considerably smarter than you, John.

"One of the people that was smart enough" to me means that there were other Dharma people who joined him, at least somewhat.  Also, when Jack asked Juliet who she was, she said something about the others being what was left of the dharma initiative.  I believe Patchy was an original Dharma, Kelvin too.

And yes, Ben seems to always be a move ahead of these people, so I'm sure he has some plan for the freighter folks

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 08:33:55 PM »
Allright.  So I just watched a clip of this episode on youtube and there was a quote I must have overlooked the first time.  Ben says, after Jack wants to make the call, "every single living person on this island will die."  So.  Am I looking in this too deep?  Does Ben seem to think that there are some non living people on the island?  Or was he just emphasizing how dangerous the call will be?
WTH is that....
don't tell me you are into the zombie season 13 Island of the Dead....rofl

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »
haha!  that post is so old i dont even remember it.  note that it was in september, which is when lost was SUPPOSED to start, right?  i may have been a little crazy then- and desperate for lost talk... let's just disregard every post i've done pre-november

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
haha!  that post is so old i don't even remember it.  note that it was in september, which is when lost was SUPPOSED to start, right?  i may have been a little crazy then- and desperate for lost talk... let's just disregard every post I've done pre-november

Ok, we can disregard....but I cant guarantee I'll let you live it down LOL ;)