Author Topic: Credit Repair, Learning About Your Credit, etc.  (Read 945 times)

Offline dreamn34

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Credit Repair, Learning About Your Credit, etc.
« on: June 03, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
I always try to pass this information along on any message boards or forums that I visit because it's helped me SO much!

www.creditboards.com

After I got denied electricity through TXU because my credit wasn't good enough, I finally got tired of not knowing anything about it and decided to learn all about credit reports. This forum is so wonderful because you can learn all about your credit and even how to legally repair your credit.

When I was married, I repaired both mine and my husband's reports. We had about 40 negative entries between us on the 3 major reports (TransUnion, Experian and Equifax) and I got rid of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. My TU score went from somewhere in the 560s all the way up to 723 when it was at it's highest.

Collection agencies will illegally post entries to your report just to screw you over as much as they possibly can. They'll change the dates so that it looks more current, they'll up the amount owed, whatever you let them get away with. And even if you pay them... a paid collection is worse on your credit than an unpaid collection.

Don't EVER pay a collection agency without first making them PROVE (validate) to you that they are legally entitled to collect on that debt. Once I had 2 collection agencies chasing me around for the same debt!

If anybody wants more information on it just let me know or visit the board.  :)