Author Topic: Of course there is time travel, and it's not limited to the island.  (Read 6728 times)

Offline pottsburg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
I don't know if anybody ever thought about this, I've nerded out and haven't really seen it anywhere.....so here we go.....

Juliet said that she wouldn't ever be able to go to the island, and the only way she would or could would be if he (I forgot who 'he' was) was hit by a bus. Soon after, or the next day, that guy got hit by a bus and Richard is there as if he knew it was going to happen.

The only way to explain this is that he was about to go into the future and got things lined up for the guy to get hit by a bus. Maybe he got one of the Others to do it? Either way, somebody had to go into the future for this to have happened.

Offline pottsburg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
sorry, this is from an older episode, back when they brought juliet to the island. Not sure which episode it was so I posted here since everybody would see it.....and it's my first post so of course it's in the wrong spot.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Or, the only way to do this is to commandeer a bus and run the guy over.

I don't like the time travel theories too much... :-\ Just cause Des has flashes limited only to Charlie's impending death doesn't mean that suddenly everyone can jump through space and time.

Sorry if this sounds harsh :D Welcome to the forum!

Offline pottsburg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
On the 'answers' show that the producers put on, they said that we will learn about our Losties and where they are in the space/time continuum.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Of course there is time travel, and it's not limited to the island.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:27:27 AM »
On the 'answers' show that the producers put on, they said that we will learn about our Losties and where they are in the space/time continuum.

I'm with JB, no time travel. But the Powers haven't specifically ruled it out.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »
Or, the only way to do this is to commandeer a bus and run the guy over.

I don't like the time travel theories too much... :-\ Just cause Des has flashes limited only to Charlie's impending death doesn't mean that suddenly everyone can jump through space and time.

Sorry if this sounds harsh :D Welcome to the forum!

sorry JB but we have time travel flash forwards and Des looping around like Billy Pilgrim in SlaughterhoseFive.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 02:05:02 AM »
No time travel, no alternate realities, just a company who gets a bus and runs over a guy to get Juliet to go to the island.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 09:27:37 AM »
great way to catch a bus.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
I still think Juliet somehow caused her ex-husband to be hit by a bus...if Dharma/The Others wanted him out of the way in order to get her to join them, they wouldn't have him literally hit by a bus the day after she hokes about him being hit by a bus. Besides, doing so takes the very real chance of her feeling so guilty that she just cuts off communication from everyone (except her sister)...I mean, damn, she witnessed him getting hit. Did Dharma really think her reaction would be "Cool, now I can go"?..lol

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »
I still think Juliet somehow caused her ex-husband to be hit by a bus...if Dharma/The Others wanted him out of the way in order to get her to join them, they wouldn't have him literally hit by a bus the day after she hokes about him being hit by a bus. Besides, doing so takes the very real chance of her feeling so guilty that she just cuts off communication from everyone (except her sister)...I mean, damn, she witnessed him getting hit. Did Dharma really think her reaction would be "Cool, now I can go"?..lol

Richard reports the conversation to Ben, and I can just see Bug-Eyes going, "Well, let's give her what she asked for." Ben loves to manipulate, and loves to keep people off balance. And has a sick sense of humor. In his mind she did cause it, just by mentioning it and giving him the idea. It's the same deal with Locke's dad, I think.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:09:41 PM »

Richard reports the conversation to Ben, and I can just see Bug-Eyes going, "Well, let's give her what she asked for." Ben loves to manipulate, and loves to keep people off balance. And has a sick sense of humor. In his mind she did cause it, just by mentioning it and giving him the idea. It's the same deal with Locke's dad, I think.

IT isa no brainer Richard and Ethan had hubby hit by bus so Juliet would gowith them.Easily buy somebody offf or drive it themselves.We have seen others do worse.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »

IT isa no brainer Richard and Ethan had hubby hit by bus so Juliet would gowith them.Easily buy somebody offf or drive it themselves.We have seen others do worse.

If so, it's one of THE stupidest ideas the Others/Dharma ever came up with lol...What would they have done if Juliet had said "Well, maybe I could go if my ex husband grew 17 arms, 19 pairs of breasts and started singing the Star Spangled Banner out of his ass"?...Oh, yeah, I could see them saying "Ok, make it happen, guys! That's what Juliet said needs to happen"...lol :)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
Her husband did step into the middle of the street,( somewhere in Florida?), and because she was standing right there, she believed that Richard made it happen. Maybe she made it happen, like in GHOSTBUSTERS when they had to clear their minds, because whatever they thought of in their own minds would come to destroy them.
<------Staypuft[move]

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
I think it had a double effect. First, the major thing keeping her from going was no longer an obstacle and second, I'd be freaked out wondering what these people would do if I declined if they were powerful (to be read "insane") enough to make the bus "accident" happen.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »
I think it had a double effect. First, the major thing keeping her from going was no longer an obstacle and second, I'd be freaked out wondering what these people would do if I declined if they were powerful (to be read "insane") enough to make the bus "accident" happen.

I think this is very true.  It was more of an intimidation move.  These people get what they want.

As far as the time travel goes, I don't personally like the thought too much.  But there seems to be lots of things snuck in to lead us to that conclusion.  There has been a theme of clocks as early as season 1, the hawking books, Mrs. Hawking, desmond's flashes, only fools are enslaved by time and space, names of people on the show related to scientists in the field, casimir effect from the orchid video... there is just too much to completely cast away the idea that some sort of time/reality travel is taking place.  I think  that  if any show can make time travel look sweet, LOST can.  I have full faith in whatever road they decide to take this.