Author Topic: Complete Translation of Newspaper Obit Jack Found  (Read 14591 times)

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Translation of Newspaper Obit Jack Found
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 12:20:53 PM »
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Courtesy of Doc Arts tailsection.com

Now notice not Jermey Bentham the guy who would have been named after the philopshper hwo desinged the prison where prisoners didn'tknow they were prisoners.

Could it be Michael under an an assuumed name or a person we have yet to meet?

Has this been supported? And it does sound like Michael.
I suppose it could be Micahel since he would have a teenage son assuming that they made it back to the real world.
And if he commited suicide...then that makes him messed up like Jack
But...Why would Kate say "why would i go to the funeral" in almost disgust? And why would Jack be so torn up over it?
So...my guess maybe not Micahel at all
But I do agree something really bad happend after Jack called the ship and he is having a hard time coping with it

I am still inclined to think it is Mikey.  Why would Kate say that? - Perhaps because the last time she saw Mike he had led the 4 of them to the the others where they were "bagged & tagged".  They last anyones see of M&W is them motoring off in a boat.  If I were them I'd be hacked too.
So I can completely understand Kate's disgust.  As far as Jack goes I think he is struggling with so many issues after calling the ship he doesn't know what end is up.  IMHO

Offline Jordan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »
I believe Michael was more messed up before Jack ever was, but I know what you're saying. Leaving the island might have been a mistake, though I just don't see how yet.
LOL this is true...But in a different kind of "messed up" way
It seems like Jack is trying to forget or forgive himself
Maybe if it was Micahel he could not forgive himself for what he did and it ate at him
until he put an end to it....sigh...so much to look forward to eh?

Maybe the finale should've shown Jack shooting himself. (I'm not serious about that, just trying to be humorous)
I'm excited about Season 4 but tired of waiting on it already.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »
Tex I agree. I did think of that too
so maybe it is Michael
And yes jack is feeling guilty for being a control freak and a know-it-all and must have caused some damage that he cannot fix...unless he goes back somehow

jordan-I am also getting tired of waiting and it is just the begining LOL

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »
This is so frustrating...no answers forever!!!

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »
Tex I agree. I did think of that too
so maybe it is Michael
And yes jack is feeling guilty for being a control freak and a know-it-all and must have caused some damage that he cannot fix...unless he goes back somehow

jordan-I am also getting tired of waiting and it is just the begining LOL

Debs- I am so glad that you are with me on the hating Jack thing.  I have been annoyed by him since the first ep!  He is a little whiney pants with no sense of humor.  And he is a control freak!

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »
More Kate, Less Jack!

Offline Caitlin

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
Why do so many people think Michael is the one who hanged himself? Just because the person was survived by a teenage son? There are lots of people in the world with teenage sons.

Knowing the way the writers write, my guess is that John Lantham is someone we haven't met yet.

I'm kinda thinking along these lines myself!  I bet we haven't been introduced to the character yet.  Could this be someone who had been responsible for getting Kate, Jack and whoever else off of the island and/or also be responsible for whoever is still left on the island?...There still hasn't been any confirmation as to whether or not there is a "time alteration" between the island and the rest of the world, and... seeing that there will most likely will be more flashbacks to come in the upcoming seasons, there could very well be a child of any one of the already known male characters that we just haven't been told about yet...sorry, lots of ideas going around in my head about this right now... ???

This is so gonna be a long summer waiting....... :-[

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »

I'm kinda thinking along these lines myself!  I bet we haven't been introduced to the character yet.  Could this be someone who had been responsible for getting Kate, Jack and whoever else off of the island and/or also be responsible for whoever is still left on the island?...There still hasn't been any confirmation as to whether or not there is a "time alteration" between the island and the rest of the world, and... seeing that there will most likely will be more flashbacks to come in the upcoming seasons, there could very well be a child of any one of the already known male characters that we just haven't been told about yet...sorry, lots of ideas going around in my head about this right now... ???

This is so gonna be a long summer waiting....... :-[

Someone we haven't met yet is my second choice, but first is Michael. In addition to the teenage son, the man lived in a loft (think artistic type) and was from NYC. And the funeral home was in a predominantly African American neighborhood.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2007, 11:24:28 PM »
Another character that we haven't met yet is a possibilty, but I tink it's someone we know, just living under an assumed name. Kate isn't running from the law because they don't know she's back. She must be using another name or identity. Jack is not using another name and he even keeps his job at the hospital he worked at before the crash.  Now why wouldn't Jack's info for emergency contact be updated if he still works at the hospital? They divorced before the crash, and usually when you go through a divorce, you are ready to erase them from your life, after it's all said and done. I know, it's probably not the case and Jack was very much in love with his wife, so it wasn't a big deal to leave her as an emergency contact. But back to what I was saying, the obituary is for (1) a man (2) black neighborhood (3) teenage son (4) suicide (5)Los Angeles (6) Kate says " why would I go to the funeral?" All fingers point to Michael living under an assumed identity and couldn't handle something, leaving Walt behind. We saw Walt in the last episode and we see a casket. coincidence? I think not. We don't know if the prop people keep screwing up and the continuity people have to fix the mistakes by altering the scripts ever so slightly. Were we ever supposed to be able to read that little scrap of newspaper? The way the whole episode is shot is to make us wonder what the hell Jack could have read to make him go over the edge. Then, we finally find out it's an obituary and nobody went to the funeral, but veiwers are never given a clear view of what it says. I think what is going to happen is that they'll read our posts and threads and build the new episodes to fit with what they want the story to do. It's Michael.

<------Pyro[move]

Offline Jordan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Courtesy of Doc Arts tailsection.com

Now notice not Jermey Bentham the guy who would have been named after the philopshper hwo desinged the prison where prisoners didn'tknow they were prisoners.

Could it be Michael under an an assuumed name or a person we have yet to meet?

Has this been supported? And it does sound like Michael.
I suppose it could be Micahel since he would have a teenage son assuming that they made it back to the real world.
And if he commited suicide...then that makes him messed up like Jack
But...Why would Kate say "why would i go to the funeral" in almost disgust? And why would Jack be so torn up over it?
So...my guess maybe not Micahel at all
But I do agree something really bad happend after Jack called the ship and he is having a hard time coping with it

Jack gets torn up over everything. And Kate might be avoiding that part of her past, making a fresh start or something along those lines?

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
Oh BOOOO all you Jack haters  >:(

Offline Jordan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2007, 10:48:29 PM »
I don't hate him necessarily. I just want him to be a man and stop it with all of the emotional messiness.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »
I don't hate him necessarily. I just want him to be a man and stop it with all of the emotional messiness.

Yeah, dammit, he should just hit Kate over the head with a club and drag her to the caves by her hair!!!

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 12:13:38 AM »
uh... that would be sawyers doin' LOLOLOL

and Yes, Jack is about to hit the limit for the cryin' baby with daddy issues..... i almost stoped liking him this season!!!! he certainly has hit my limits!!!!

IF he grows up and cowboys up, he can have Kate, otherwise, GO SAWYER!!!!

and to stay on topic here, i think that obit total stuff is not true.... we wont find out anytime soon who's in the coffin (but if it happens to be true, i'm with Las, Michael cause of the teenage son and 2nd guess someone we haven't met yet)

Offline Jordan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 07:04:57 AM »

Yeah, dammit, he should just hit Kate over the head with a club and drag her to the caves by her hair!!!
Well I didn't expect this type of answer! Hah!