Author Topic: Complete Translation of Newspaper Obit Jack Found  (Read 14590 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Complete Translation of Newspaper Obit Jack Found
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:56:11 PM »
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Courtesy of Doc Arts tailsection.com

Now notice not Jermey Bentham the guy who would have been named after the philopshper hwo desinged the prison where prisoners didn'tknow they were prisoners.

Could it be Michael under an an assuumed name or a person we have yet to meet?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Translation of Newspaper Obit Jack Found
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Now notice not Jermey Bentham the guy who would have been named after the philopshper hwo desinged the prison where prisoners didn'tknow they were prisoners.

This has been quoted in a bunch of other threads, so I'll just say this much here. I think it's Michael under an assumed name.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »

This has been quoted in a bunch of other threads, so I'll just say this much here. I think it's Michael under an assumed name.

I like dit being jeremy Bentham.Coffin too small for Michael  unless continuity error.

Offline mylostkitty

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »
Gerinomo, I did a search in wikipedia on lantham and found an interesting article on the search......
"Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side (also known as Eternal Champions 2) is a fighting video game for the Sega CD.  As was the case with the first game, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side followed the story of the Eternal Champion, who had felt the balance of the universe and time be disturbed by the deaths of key individuals who were meant to change the world for the greater good, and so to restore the balance, he held a great contest in which the winner would be granted the gift of life back to them, allowing them to fulfill their rightful destiny."

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:22 PM »
Gerinomo, I did a search in wikipedia on lantham and found an interesting article on the search......
"Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side (also known as Eternal Champions 2) is a fighting video game for the Sega CD.  As was the case with the first game, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side followed the story of the Eternal Champion, who had felt the balance of the universe and time be disturbed by the deaths of key individuals who were meant to change the world for the greater good, and so to restore the balance, he held a great contest in which the winner would be granted the gift of life back to them, allowing them to fulfill their rightful destiny."

Great first post.Welcome to our family.be sure to introduce yourslef in our put yourself on the map in community lounge.

That so opens so many many possibilities of why Christian could be alive in the future if Jack wasn't  too drunk to rememebr his dad died. GREAT FIND!!!!!!!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
Note the different spelling of Latham and Lantham

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
Sounds like Michael doesn't it?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Sounds like Michael doesn't it?

does to me go tolost tlak about coffin from Doc Artz tailsection, coffin too small.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »
I read it...I just think it is taking speculation a little too far myself.  My sis told me that and we rewatched, I have a HUGE tv and it didn't look small to me or her. 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
I read it...I just think it is taking speculation a little too far myself.  My sis told me that and we rewatched, I have a HUGE tv and it didn't look small to me or her. 

Nor me but photos were interesting

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
The quote is from a prop, but should we be basing our theories on props we know have been wrong in the past? Not Michael, someone ON the island currently that wanted to get back so bad the commit suicide. Sounds like Locke.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
The quote is from a prop, but should we be basing our theories on props we know have been wrong in the past? Not Michael, someone ON the island currently that wanted to get back so bad the commit suicide. Sounds like Locke.

I think it's Michael in the coffin and if it's too small, that's the prop error. But we could have some fun with this.

It's Charlie! Hobbits don't need large coffins, right?
It's Mikhail! Blew his legs off when he blew the porthole.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »
Note the different spelling of Latham and Lantham

I did and I liked it being Jeremy over John. But both have ties ins see posting fartehr belwo on John

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »
I like it being Michael, too.  But Jeremy Lantham and John Locke have the same initials.  Locke could be living under and alias and just kept his initials the same so he wouldn't need to get new monogrammed tea towels.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »
I like it being Michael, too.  But Jeremy Lantham and John Locke have the same initials.  Locke could be living under and alias and just kept his initials the same so he wouldn't need to get new monogrammed tea towels.

Locke and tea towels. Yup I can see it now....  ;)