Author Topic: Mikhail & Naomi: on the same team  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Balta

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Mikhail & Naomi: on the same team
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:35:38 AM »
what do you guys think?
    :o

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Mikhail & Naomi: on the same team
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
I first thought that because of her trying languages that only he would understand.  I would think anyone trying to get help would try English first as it is the most commonly spoken language in the world but what do I know.

I dont think they are on the same team however because of his actions after he saw her.  Sprinting back to camp Other and the way he told Ben, if they were on the same team he would have kept it quiet.  I say no they are not on the same team.  Hopefully we find out soon who's team Naomi actually was on, instead of going off on a different tangent like Lost has a tendancy to do.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »
I agree with fireman completely, could go either way. 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 06:45:06 PM »
I still like the idea that Naomi was somehow Dharma affiliated and recognized Mikhail's attire and so spoke to him.  Apparently they are not on the same team as Mikhail was trying his darndest to stop the radio transmission from going through.  I do believe Ben on the part about Naomi's boat being a huge danger, so whatever Ben's team did to piss off these newcomers he is scared.  Interesting how both of them died at the end, though.  OR SO WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »
We know that Ben broke away from the Dharma grasp and joined the natives.  Maybe Mikhail did the same thing and that is why Naomi was able to identify him as one of her own. 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 05:18:35 PM »
So then would the great man who brought Mikhail, whom I always thought was Jacob, was affiliated with Dharma?

This may make sense as:
Spoiler
in the orchid hatch video "god loves you as he loved jacob" pops up.  so i guess Dharma does know about Jacob!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »
So then would the great man who brought Mikhail, whom I always thought was Jacob, was affiliated with Dharma?

This may make sense as:
Spoiler
in the orchid hatch video "god loves you as he loved jacob" pops up.  so i guess Dharma does know about Jacob!

Mikhail said he wasn't part of Dharma at a point where I don't think he had a reason to lie, at least not about that point. It's certainly possible Naomi recognized his attire, but I think that was just part of the masquerade.

Spoiler
Hard to say, Maggie. This could refer to the biblical Jacob, could have been planted by a group opposed to Dharma, too many possibilities.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 06:05:53 PM »

This may make sense as:
Spoiler

Mikhail said he wasn't part of Dharma at a point where I don't think he had a reason to lie, at least not about that point. It's certainly possible Naomi recognized his attire, but I think that was just part of the masquerade.

Spoiler
Hard to say, Maggie. This could refer to the biblical Jacob, could have been planted by a group opposed to Dharma, too many possibilities.

Spoiler
Mikhail lies ;D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
Spoiler
I think a lot of it would depend on who made the Brainwashing video.  I have no idea on that one.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
Spoiler
Why are we using spoiler tags?? :D :D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »
Well I don't know if the REALLY count as spoiler, but since the info was given outside of the show I've been playing it safe!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »
It would have to be whomever was in charge of that department.

I think we need to know more about original Dharma and the names/people that helped to create it.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »
I think that whatever happened at Comic-Con isn't exactly 100% canonical... Didn't they have the "final episode" of Lost last time?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 07:30:30 AM »
Not sure, but you can never trust what those guys say, anyhow!