Author Topic: mikhail's mission  (Read 3541 times)

Offline leximan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
mikhail's mission
« on: May 30, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
Mikhail's mission was to kill bonny, greta and charlie but the jamming device(or how do you write this???) needs to be functioning when he leaves
but desmond shot him and he is laying there "dead"
the scene before the girls tell him when the station is flooded it still works because it's waterproof.
so why didn't he stop charlie by killing him by hands instead of flooding the station(what wont work) with the grenade???
i think mikhail is also special  like locke so that's the reason theres no blood and he is still alive(i know other tread)
my thought is that he didn't kill charlie normally because he wants to destoy the jamming device and by he is sabotaging Ben because he lied to him.
he is betraying Ben for his actions

anyone???????????

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: mikhail's mission
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:06:06 PM »
I think he didn't just blow up the control room because by doing so, he would destroy the jammer. He blew the window out to floor the box. Since it's waterproof it would continue to work.

He didn't know Charlie had already turned it off.

Also, there was blood. We see blood where Mikhail was laying.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
I think it was written that way for dramatic effect. They wanted us to believe that Charlie was going to survive, but bam! Pathcy blows up the room and kills Charlie.

Mikhail is dead.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »
I think it was written that way for dramatic effect. They wanted us to believe that Charlie was going to survive, but bam! Pathcy blows up the room and kills Charlie.

Mikhail is dead.
I agree.

Though they coulda just left Patchy dead on the side of the pool and kept Charlie alive >:( Oh well.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »
No they could not. killing Charlie gave creedence to the Des has flashes

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »
No they could not. killing Charlie gave creedence to the Des has flashes

Well, not that simple, of course. Des sees him apparently drown. Now he floats to the top. Hey, why does my head feel funny? Ooooh... air. Won't happen 'cause of what the PTB said, but it coulda. I like Charlie, so shoulda!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »
It is that simple, they had to be true to the story line. Charlie died a beautiful and heroic death.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »
It is that simple, they had to be true to the story line. Charlie died a beautiful and heroic death.

No argument on that score, Jugdish.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »

Mikhail is dead.

I agree.

I dont want to start another Christian is dead/alive debates (IMO Christian is dead) with Mikhail, but I dont think Mikhail is dead, I think I remember the scene as Mikhail pushing off of the station/hatch with his feet, as he let go of the grenade,  It may be a stretch but shrapnel wouldnt move as fast underwater, would it?  A chance to get away?

By no means do I feel he should be alive after what he's been through and I think the writers are streching it a little bit but I still dont think he's dead.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:30:35 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:48:33 PM »
You're right that shrapnel moves slower, but not slow enough. If he pushed off with his feet as it appears, then he lost both his legs. Gonna be hard to swim to shore with no legs, now wouldn't it?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »
You're right that shrapnel moves slower, but not slow enough. If he pushed off with his feet as it appears, then he lost both his legs. Gonna be hard to swim to shore with no legs, now wouldn't it?

I think that when Mikhail kicks the bucket it'll be very clear. It could be from this incident and we'll see it first ep next year, but more likely he survives. The Dharma shark will show up, recognize him as a relative and give him a ride.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 12:44:31 AM »

I think that when Mikhail kicks the bucket it'll be very clear. It could be from this incident and we'll see it first ep next year, but more likely he survives. The Dharma shark will show up, recognize him as a relative and give him a ride.

What will that be "Lost:  The Shark-Riding Man Show"?  A great new attraction at Disney! :P

Mikhail is not dead because he knows the island's secret to life.  He laughs in the face of death --- MUHAHAHAHA!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 10:03:50 AM »

What will that be "Lost:  The Shark-Riding Man Show"?  A great new attraction at Disney! :P

Mikhail is not dead because he knows the island's secret to life.  He laughs in the face of death --- MUHAHAHAHA!

Or the shark shows up, gets between Mikhail and the shore, so in order to survive, even with no legs, he must .... (you know the rest).

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »
So why is there not a thread about Artz still being alive? They were both blown to smiterines.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
So why is there not a thread about Artz still being alive? They were both blown to smiterines.

Ooh.  Rabbit Hole, good point.

But Artz didn't show up after having been killed once.