Author Topic: Flash Forwards in subsequent series  (Read 6500 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Flash Forwards in subsequent series
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
I liked the flash forward for the finale (at least I'm warming up to it), but I don't think they can make it an ongoing part of the series.

Just my opinion, but...

I think the finale's 'flashforward' brought the story into the present time and the coming season will fill in the gaps of what happened during and after the 'rescue'.  It will be told through 'flashbacks' to the island and will slowly reveal to us who was rescued, who stayed, who died, etc.....

Remember, the telling of story started (in 2004) with the crash in 2004, but it has taken them three years to tell us what happened in a few months on the island.  Now, I believe, they will continue the story from 2007, with Jack attempting to get back to the island.  By the end of season 4, we will know the status of our Losties and maybe they will head back to the island for season 5 to finish whatever it is they were 'not supposed to' leave.

Again, just my theory...

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »
I liked the flash forward for the finale (at least I'm warming up to it), but I don't think they can make it an ongoing part of the series.

Just my opinion, but...

I think the finale's 'flashforward' brought the story into the present time and the coming season will fill in the gaps of what happened during and after the 'rescue'.  It will be told through 'flashbacks' to the island and will slowly reveal to us who was rescued, who stayed, who died, etc.....

Remember, the telling of story started (in 2004) with the crash in 2004, but it has taken them three years to tell us what happened in a few months on the island.  Now, I believe, they will continue the story from 2007, with Jack attempting to get back to the island.  By the end of season 4, we will know the status of our Losties and maybe they will head back to the island for season 5 to finish whatever it is they were 'not supposed to' leave.

Again, just my theory...

I posted something similar a while back, but the Powers have implied pretty strongly that present time will be on the island dealing with the boat people and with FFs to a time when some of our Losties are off the island. So I think the content will much like you say, but the point of view (in terms of present vs flashes) just the reverse.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »
I dont think the time is important..of the flash forward, seeing as there can be different time per flash forward....like the flash backs, which give us some important info...some is just fluff....

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 12:06:19 PM »
I posted something similar a while back, but the Powers have implied pretty strongly that present time will be on the island dealing with the boat people and with FFs to a time when some of our Losties are off the island. So I think the content will much like you say, but the point of view (in terms of present vs flashes) just the reverse.

Thanks for the reminder, I DO remember this being said before........
This is the chance they take with such a long hiatus.  I consider myself a pretty devoted fan and I can't remember alot of what's been said.  Thankfully, I have everyone here to keep my mind fresh until next year.  Let's hope enough of the viewers can remember enough of the story to still be interested when the show finally comes back.  The numbers will probably drop off a little each year as casual viewers lose interest (can you imagine trying to keep up with the story by just watching for one hour each week ??? I'd REALLY be LOST ;D), but if the writers keep up the pace like they did toward the end of S3, we won't have anything to worry about.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 12:56:56 PM »
I think that with the series winding down and with the limited number of episodes left, TPTB are REALLY going to pick up the pace. No more Nikki/Paulo episodes, nosir. These will all be action-packed AMAZING episodes. I think with the amazing finale, the viewership may actually pick up very slightly, but only if people can remember back almost a year...