Author Topic: Ben and Danielle  (Read 9236 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Ben and Danielle
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
I think there is a tie missing between Dharma and Danielle.  Now I know the timeline seems a bit off for this if we take Danielle's story at face value... but it's the thing about the ARMS that get me.  Here we have Danielle who crashed on the island with a SCIENCE TEAM 16 years ago.  After an excursion to the Black Rock they had to cut off man's arm, or he lost it somehow.  His name was "Montand" according to lostpedia.  Now who else do we know with a missing arm?  Is it safe to say Marvin Candle?  Are they the same man?  I know Rousseau says "they are all dead" on her radio message, but what if this Montand fellow wasn't all the way dead and brought back and ended up living with the others as Wickmund, Candle....

Again, timeline throws me off buy why have to armless fellows running around the island?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
I think there is a tie missing between Dharma and Danielle.  Now I know the timeline seems a bit off for this if we take Danielle's story at face value... but it's the thing about the ARMS that get me.  Here we have Danielle who crashed on the island with a SCIENCE TEAM 16 years ago.  After an excursion to the Black Rock they had to cut off man's arm, or he lost it somehow.  His name was "Montand" according to lostpedia.  Now who else do we know with a missing arm?  Is it safe to say Marvin Candle?  Are they the same man?  I know Rousseau says "they are all dead" on her radio message, but what if this Montand fellow wasn't all the way dead and brought back and ended up living with the others as Wickmund, Candle....

Again, timeline throws me off buy why have to armless fellows running around the island?

Yeah, I kinda think Danielle is Dharma as well. Her team was either arriving on the island or returning to it when the purge occurred and the Hostiles knocked out radio contact except for the radio tower numbers. They followed the numbers in instead of turning back and there you are.

It seems like a stretch to connect Montand with Candle, especially when Danielle thinks she killed her whole team, but hey, could be! I do think it's likely that bullet hole man in the Dharma pit was one of her team, shot by her.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2007, 03:41:22 PM »
True enough.  She was the one doing the shooting, not the gassing.  Think she found the same pit to dump him in though?  Or did the Others toss him in there if they found him on the island?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
True enough.  She was the one doing the shooting, not the gassing.  Think she found the same pit to dump him in though?  Or did the Others toss him in there if they found him on the island?

Dunno, we're already kinda far out on a limb.

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
Maybe Danielle is the young girl Ben was friends with when he was young.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »
Boy, it's good to go back and re-read old threads!  I just noticed this:

Yeah, I kinda think Danielle is Dharma as well. Her team was either arriving on the island or returning to it when the purge occurred and the Hostiles knocked out radio contact except for the radio tower numbers. They followed the numbers in instead of turning back and there you are.

It seems like a stretch to connect Montand with Candle, especially when Danielle thinks she killed her whole team, but hey, could be! I do think it's likely that bullet hole man in the Dharma pit was one of her team, shot by her.

Wasn't that fellow with the bullet hole wearing a Dharma jumpsuit?  We know that the Dharma folks were gassed, yet here is this one dude with a bullet hole.  And the only ones we know of that have died by bullets have been Rousseau's team.  So.... is this just TPTB saying DANIELLE IS DHARMA? ho ho ho ho....

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:12 PM »
Boy, it's good to go back and re-read old threads!  I just noticed this:

Wasn't that fellow with the bullet hole wearing a Dharma jumpsuit?  We know that the Dharma folks were gassed, yet here is this one dude with a bullet hole.  And the only ones we know of that have died by bullets have been Rousseau's team.  So.... is this just TPTB saying DANIELLE IS DHARMA? ho ho ho ho....

hmmmmm.............................

But we also know that the guy in the Swan with Kelvin shot himself--or so we were told.   Though the stains of that ordeal were on the ceiling, it could have been staged to look like he shot himself.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2007, 08:45:46 PM »
Kelvin did say that he only had 108 minutes to bury the guy.  Does that mean that he had just enough time to toss him in the pit?  I don't think we have seen a Radzinski grave marked anywhere, but I suppose with the little time allowed the big thing was just to get the stinker out of there.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2007, 10:01:05 PM »
Kelvin did say that he only had 108 minutes to bury the guy.  Does that mean that he had just enough time to toss him in the pit?  I don't think we have seen a Radzinski grave marked anywhere, but I suppose with the little time allowed the big thing was just to get the stinker out of there.

I suppose it depends on the location of the grave and how far it is from the Swan.  It is near Jacob's cabin, but with all the walking around they've done, I have no idea who's where, with the exception of those on the beach.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »
I like this idea... Hadn't thought of it, but sounds very plausible.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »

I've never really understood Kelvin's comment. Why can't he dig for 90 minutes, come push the button, go dig another 90 minutes, etc.? Till the job's properly done....

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49:15 PM »

I've never really understood Kelvin's comment. Why can't he dig for 90 minutes, come push the button, go dig another 90 minutes, etc.? Till the job's properly done....

I agree with LAS!
if Kelvin had to put the partner to the grave, he could had dig the grave for 160mins... go back, push the button(he had 20 mins to go back and get to the grave site again) then, he's have another 160 mins to finish up.....

but kelvins comment was more of a reality call to Des i guess... like, we can't go anywhere, cause we need to push this button every 180 minutes....