Author Topic: Ben and Danielle  (Read 9238 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Ben and Danielle
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »
I have just concluded that Danielle is a wild card.  It may mean she is crazy, it may not...but it definately means there is no pattern to her behavior.

Ben on the other hand really baffles me with this one.  He is kidnapping women days after a plane crash, but he lets Danielle have her run of the island for 16 years.  Why not bring her in, give her a glass of wine, introduce her to one of they guys and see what happens?  Seriously, why would he just leave her to run free on the island?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »
Ben doesn't see Danielle as a menace....

And she is not "good", so she has no place with the Others...

Ben only kidnapped "good" ppl and pregnant women..

Since Danielle had already had a child, her purpose was served, let her be...

Thats the way I see it...

Offline leximan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
i think it's logical that she didn't found any hatches cause they were underground (pearl, swan), under water(looking glass), behind a door buried under trees and bushes(medical station) and on another island(hydra), the only one's she could found was the flame and arrow(but this last one was on the other side of the island, and it's a large island).
Next
They also kidnapped Claire and the baby so because there are fertility problems on the island(sorry for bad English, I'm from Belgium). So they could have kidnapped dannielle as well and helped her delivering the baby(alone is very difficult i guess). But then she escaped without baby and then she tried to protect herself from her hostiles(Ben and the gang). The only problem she couldn't get to her baby was the ****ing sonic fence. There she saw Ben and knew he was from the others.
Also when you kidnapped a baby after 2 weeks, the baby couldn't tell her name because it's a baby.;-)
so there must have been some contact between Ben and dannielle.
Ben then raised her and told her that her mother died on the island, after she gave birth. Just like all the other woman died after they gave birth.

sounds logical to me?
no?

greetz
from Belgium
leximan

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
i think it's logical that she didn't found any hatches cause they were underground (pearl, swan), under water(looking glass), behind a door buried under trees and bushes(medical station) and on another island(hydra), the only one's she could found was the flame and arrow(but this last one was on the other side of the island, and it's a large island).
Next
They also kidnapped Claire and the baby so because there are fertility problems on the island(sorry for bad English, I'm from Belgium). So they could have kidnapped dannielle as well and helped her delivering the baby(alone is very difficult i guess). But then she escaped without baby and then she tried to protect herself from her hostiles(Ben and the gang). The only problem she couldn't get to her baby was the ****ing sonic fence. There she saw Ben and knew he was from the others.
Also when you kidnapped a baby after 2 weeks, the baby couldn't tell her name because it's a baby.;-)
Ben then raised her and told her that her mother died on the island, after she gave birth. Just like all the other woman died after they gave birth.

sounds logical to me?
no?

greetz
from Belgium
leximan

You have a point there, but no woman ever gave birth on that island that we knoe of!!! All pregmant woman, inpreganated on that island died on their second trimester along with the baby! That's why the others kidnap children and babys... they (others) are on the verge of extintion!

(my english is not that good also, i'm from Portugal ;))

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 12:12:37 PM »
Next

sounds logical to me?
no?

greetz
from Belgium
leximan

You have a point there, but no woman ever gave birth on that island that we knoe of!!! All pregmant woman, inpreganated on that island died on their second trimester along with the baby! That's why the others kidnap children and babys... they (others) are on the verge of extintion!

Makes sense to me.

Danielle was pregnant before she got to the islands. Her situation was similar to Claires.

Nothing Danielle has said has ever turned out to be false. She is believable until it does. We got confimation on her story from Ben saying Alex is her daughter. HEr story is what she said it was.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 01:16:25 PM »
Next

sounds logical to me?
no?

greetz
from Belgium
leximan

Makes sense to me.

Danielle was pregnant before she got to the islands. Her situation was similar to Claires.

Nothing Danielle has said has ever turned out to be false. She is believable until it does. We got confimation on her story from Ben saying Alex is her daughter. HEr story is what she said it was.

As crazyas she is she has been correct on what she has said so far,still wonder if about why she killed her fellow shipmates. No one has had any disease yet.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »
Yeah, I think Danielle may have killed her crew out of paranoia.  Other than that, she hasn't given us a reason or tptb haven't shown us a reason not to trust the crazy french lady

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »
I find it very odd she roamed that island for 16 years and never bumbed into anyone...that being said, I don't think she knew Ben was the one who took her baby from her. If she did, he would have never made it to the hatch...she would've given it to him then and there!;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 04:20:30 PM »
I'm guessing that she was threatened not to come see her child or they would kill Alex... maybe in a note. Or maybe there was a face-to-face conversation.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 04:29:15 PM »
maybe danielle has seen the others on the island. perhaps she saw them at some point and realized that they were better equiped to care for her child than she was, since she lives in a hole in the ground anyways.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »
Since she knew he was one of them, why didn't she use him to get her daughter back when she caught him in the net?
She wanted her daughter back so bad she grabbed Aaron..
A lot of what Danielle says and does is suspect sometimes..
But I loved the reunion.. I wonder where that story is going to go next season.. A backstory would be great.

I think it's more about script error than not trusting Danielle...I also wondered why she didn't use Ben as leverage to get Alex back when she caught him, yet I ALSO wondered why she didn't use Claire as trade bait to get Alex back when she found HER lol. Afterall, the Others were out looking for Claire, calling her name...and instead, she knocks out Claire and drops her back off near the Losties' camp?...Only to return and kidnap Aaron? What the...??

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 02:13:57 PM »
Since she knew he was one of them, why didn't she use him to get her daughter back when she caught him in the net?
But I loved the reunion.. I wonder where that story is going to go next season.. A backstory would be great.

I think it's more about script error than not trusting Danielle...I also wondered why she didn't use Ben as leverage to get Alex back when she caught him, yet I ALSO wondered why she didn't use Claire as trade bait to get Alex back when she found HER lol. Afterall, the Others were out looking for Claire, calling her name...and instead, she knocks out Claire and drops her back off near the Losties' camp?...Only to return and kidnap Aaron? What the...??

I don't think she knew how to contact the Others back then. The Black Smoke led to the kidnapping of Aaron as then she thought she knew where they were.

Offline leximan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:50 PM »
but when she was with others when she gave birth, why didn't she stayd whit the others and joined them, and talked to them like normal people:s
staying with her child and the others and giving her child a good place to grow up...
like ben told the losties, there the good guys....

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

I don't think she knew how to contact the Others back then. The Black Smoke led to the kidnapping of Aaron as then she thought she knew where they were.

Danielle herself started the black smoke...the smoke didn't lead to the kidnapping of Aaron, she started the black smoke after deciding to kidnap Aaron.

Even if you don't know how to contact them directly, it doesn't make sense to give up something/someone (Claire) who they obviously want and need and are out looking for, especially if you're willing to kidnap her newborn child a few weeks later.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »
but when she was with others when she gave birth, why didn't she stayd whit the others and joined them, and talked to them like normal people:s
staying with her child and the others and giving her child a good place to grow up...
like ben told the losties, there the good guys....

They didn't invite her. They kidnapped Alex, remember?