Author Topic: future walt  (Read 14548 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: future walt
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
oooh!  I like it!  I never considered his talking backwards before vs. forwards now.  Both were important messages- wasn't the first one saying something about 'don't press the button the button is bad'

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
After being put in room #23 Walt is no longer a "fool who is enslaved by time and space" he is now capable of escaping his current reality and can thus travel to other dimensions of time and space. Hence 17 y.o. Walt.

musepsycho

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
I think it was Walt teleporting his image like he did in Season 1. Season 1 he ws speaking reverse, hadn't quite perfected it yet. Now he has had time to practice after killing Michael and being with the others at the Temple....just my opinion....

agree agree agree said similar earlier on this thread

The producers said in the 'Answers' recap episode that this appearance of Walt was if fact Smokey. I think it was Smokey who talked to Locke as well. But it's really confusing that we've had clues of Walt's paranormal abilities, but not of what they're actually about...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 03:42:50 PM »
I don't think this Walt was smokie at all.  Why would he age him?  He wouldn't know what to make him look like first of all.  There is no point to having him be older, I think that would just be more confusing for Locke.  IMO it is Walt projecting himself back through time to send a message to Locke.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »
I don't think this Walt was smokie at all.  Why would he age him?  He wouldn't know what to make him look like first of all.  There is no point to having him be older, I think that would just be more confusing for Locke.  IMO it is Walt projecting himself back through time to send a message to Locke.

I'm just guessin' here, but my 2 cents. The first appearance of Walt in Shannon's tent was just after he was taken off the raft. I'm thinkin' he dove in the water, to try to get back to Michael. He's in distress, wants to be anywhere but where he is and he projects an image back to the last person he had contact with on the island. Explains why the image was all wet.

The second appearance (the one that led Shannon into Ana's sights) could be more of the same depending on what the Others were doing to him at the time, or could be Smokey. I can't even speculate.

I think the third appearance is Smokey, putting John to work. As for the age difference, could be we're supposed to overlook the fact that the actor is older. Remember that the vast majority of folks who watch the show won't have looked at a picture of Walt in about a year. And they were careful not to give us any way of discerning Walt's height. Or it could be Smokey's best guess at what Walt looks like, given it doesn't have Walt's body to work with.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 11:37:35 PM »
All right, I don't know if this is a spoiler or a rumor but I'll throw a tag on it anyhow
Spoiler
I heard somewhere that there was going to be casting for a younger Walt, so the writers want to keep young and old Walt separate.

Sorry, but I still think it was really Walt that Locke saw.  I think all the other times were Smokie.  By the pit is the only time that Walt speaks forwards and also tells Locke he has important things to do.  All the other times Walt was used to lure someone to danger, like smokie has been known to do.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 01:42:38 AM »
I think it was Walt teleporting his image like he did in Season 1. Season 1 he ws speaking reverse, hadn't quite perfected it yet. Now he has had time to practice after killing Michael and being with the others at the Temple....just my opinion....

agree agree agree said similar earlier on this thread
Whooo Hoo, you agree with me!!!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »
Smokie seems to appear to only lead the losties into dangerous situations.  Walt was not leading Locke into any danger. Especially if the Walt we saw was trying to help Locke remain on the island.  I think smokie is more of a 'territorial beast' and would WANT people off his island. 

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
But one thing we have to remember about Smokie and Locke is that when Locke looked "into" Smokie he stated afterward that "I looked into the heart of the island and it was beautiful".  Smokie may not have a "bad" thing in store for Locke.  Everyone else was scared of Smokie and Locke really wasn't.  He wanted Jack and the rest to let go of him because he wasn't afraid of Smokie doing him harm when he was being pulled down that hole.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »
Yah, when/if you rewatch Season 1 there are very strong indications that Locke is hearing voices. If so, presumably he thinks these are the voices of the island and Smokey yet another manifestation of same. I'm with the Ghost Pit Walt = Smokey crowd.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »
But one thing we have to remember about Smokie and Locke is that when Locke looked "into" Smokie he stated afterward that "I looked into the heart of the island and it was beautiful".  Smokie may not have a "bad" thing in store for Locke.  Everyone else was scared of Smokie and Locke really wasn't.  He wanted Jack and the rest to let go of him because he wasn't afraid of Smokie doing him harm when he was being pulled down that hole.

Wow.  Good call.  You caused me to fumble in my belief!  I'm still not ready to say that that was smokie though, I think walt does have the ability to "appear places he shouldn't be" that had to have been brought up for a reason.  So I still say it was walt!  But very convincing arguments, guys!  I like going back through these old threads.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 02:38:02 PM »
Not only that, but Ben made the comment to Locke after shooting him that he'd better hope Jacob helped him out of this................I'm not on the bandwagon yet that Jacob and Smokie are related in some way, but this would be a major clue in pointing in that direction IF Smokie was indeed Walt in that appearance.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »
You know what, Amy?  I'm just not going to read your posts anymore because they are really good ideas that keep contradicting me!!!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 02:42:49 PM »
You know what, Amy?  I'm just not going to read your posts anymore because they are really good ideas that keep contradicting me!!!

ROFL!!!  I'm sorry :-[ 

You know, they really aren't good ideas..........................LOL ;D

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
All very interesting comments but hasn't Smokie only "occupied" the bodies of dead folks and animals? Some examples.

-Jack's Dad
-Yemi (Eko's brother)
-The ruthless African thugs that Eko killed
-Kate's horse
-polar bears, wild boards, etc.

It seems to me that this Walt was the real Walt, projecting himself through time which is what Ms. Klugh and the Others are so afraid of.