Author Topic: Good Vibrations  (Read 7675 times)

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Good Vibrations
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »
Lift up your eyes...............

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »
Ok.  Another interesting thing.  Golly Lostpedia is a wealth of information!  According some of the producers, the band was around in the 60's and put out an album but then broke up at Woodstock in 1971.  But Damon and Carlton say that the album came out in the mid to late 70's. 

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »
I have been trying unsuccessfully to blow up the image and have it remain clear (the album cover).  But even with it being a little fuzzy, it looks like the members in the middle are sitting on a huge cement block.  Maybe it WAS taken on the island and it was during the construction of the hatches??

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
You do know that Geronimo Jackson is a real group right?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
The producers claim that they are real, but they seem to be the only people that know anything about them.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »
I'm betting there are hundreds of bands that no one knows about.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »
I totally agree.

I just think this particular one keeps popping up for a reason.

And there is no evidence to prove it either way--real or fiction.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 10:39:08 PM »
I agree with Nancy Drew. :)

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 12:42:32 AM »

thats the best i can do...

soo yeah..

thats my input.

whats the low down on the Karma Imperative?

and there was that chick taken from the michigan university.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »
I don't think that it is a real band.  The producers may claim that they are, but they also claim to have come across that other orientation video somewhere in Norway.  I think they are trying to add realism to merge the lost world with our world.  Personally.  Apparently someone's grandma was taken somewhere in the Pacific and never too be seen again after she joined a cult called the "Karma Imperitive."  KI, I think, was the previous name for Geronimo Jackson who toured colleges and met this grandma at a university in Michigan.  This information was given by DJ Dan.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »
I don't think that it is a real band.  The producers may claim that they are, but they also claim to have come across that other orientation video somewhere in Norway.  I think they are trying to add realism to merge the lost world with our world.  Personally.  Apparently someone's grandma was taken somewhere in the Pacific and never too be seen again after she joined a cult called the "Karma Imperitive."  KI, I think, was the previous name for Geronimo Jackson who toured colleges and met this grandma at a university in Michigan.  This information was given by DJ Dan.

I don't believe they are real either.  If they were real, then it has to be some tiny, never-heard-of garage band that are connected in real life to TPTB, sort of like the artwork throughout the show.

Here's some interesting info from Lost Wiki:  (I know, some of you love it when Wiki is quoted, LOL)

Javier Grillo-Marxuach was a writer/producer on Lost.  Javier left the Lost writing team after the second season, but continued to work as a "voice for hire" on LOST Experience as the voice of DJ Dan.

In DJ Dan's First Live Podcast of August 11, 2006, Dan identified Keith Strutter as the guitarist and founder of Geronimo Jackson, and noted that Strutter's previous band was called the Karma Imperative. He also said that Strutter started Geronimo Jackson in the '60s.

During DJ Dan's 7/05 podcast, a listener by the name of Anthony called in saying that in the 70s his grandmother joined what he thought was a cult by the name "KARMA Imperative", although he probably meant to say the DHARMA Initiative but simply misspoke the name. According to Anthony's story, his grandmother joined the "KARMA Imperative" while attending the University of Michigan and was taken to an unknown location in the South Pacific and was never seen again, declared dead.

In a response to an inquiry at Notes from the Experience LiveJournal dated September 27, 2006, Javier Grillo-Marxuach further elaborated on DJ Dan's comments from the Second Podcast by saying that Geronimo Jackson "stuff is very arcane and hard to find, frankly, I'm surprised we managed to score a copy to get on the show...I think the Danish DJ was actually playing a bootleg". He also confirmed that only Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz would be able to identify which of the individuals on the cover of Magna Carta was Keith Strutter, or who was responsible from the Lost production team for getting a copy of the album into the Hatch for use on Lost.

To me, it makes it sound like the band is fake and made up by TPTB.  I think these guys are staying story-tellers to the very end!!  Everything they say is FOS!!