Author Topic: Good Vibrations  (Read 7677 times)

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Good Vibrations
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
^ exactly what i thought.. how woul dhe know the 3 made that specific tone.. u feel me?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »
Charlie started to write down the code, so he knew what it started with anyway.  That's how I figured he knew where to start.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 06:45:11 PM »
Maybe so, but he didn't put actually press the same numbers that he started to write down.

That, and if it were a phone dial with the standard phone tones and he had to play Mary Had a Little Lamb or something, I could see it, but with somewhere around 16 buttons and no real way to know which ones made which tones (although it could be assumed they were sequential) it still seems he would have made at least one error...

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »
I have to watch that part again, but she was describing to Charlie how to do it.  Until I watch it again, I am leaving it at that.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 07:10:37 PM »
This is what lostpedia says about it:

The incomplete numerical sequence dictated by Bonnie is 5-4-5-8-7-7-5-5-4-3-7-7-6-1-1-3. However, the audio of this scene does not match the pattern of the changes of notes as given by Bonnie, nor does it match the sequence of note-changes shown on the video of the scene. For example in the audio, the second and third notes are different, yet the video shows Charlie pressing the same note (5). The melodic code heard in the episode is in C-Major, and the 19 specific notes of the code as played by Charlie are: A G A C C D D F G G G F A A G F C D C.

But anyhow, about the TOPIC.

Interesting find about Stratton/Strutter, Amy.  Lots of Rock stars change their names, or the spelling of their real names.  Not saying this was the same guy because Dexter Stratton seemed to be Charlie's mom's dad's dad or something like that?  So too old.  But it would be neat if there was a family tie in there somewhere! 

I would like to see more musical code in the dharma hatches.  More specifically related to Geronimo Jackson.  If the musician programmed one thing maybe he programmed another?  Anyhow, my impression was that the musician in question set up the security code which was after the purge?  So was it instructions from Ben directly?  Is the musician still alive then, and on the island?  I'd hope so....!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
I just don't think that they would have mentioned the thing being programmed by a musician being on the island if we weren't supposed to connect it to Geronimo Jackson.   It has been a mystery since we first the album in the Swan and it feels like they are wanting us to keep remembering it with bringing up this little tid-bit of info.  I wonder if it was supposed to be a signal--like Enter 77--warning the other hatches of a breach of security??

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »
I know Geronimo Jackson has to mean something!  Right, remember Amy when we were thinking that it was used as some sort of signal?  Like maybe if they put on the album it would be a set of instructions or something instead of music?!?!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »
I know Geronimo Jackson has to mean something!  Right, remember Amy when we were thinking that it was used as some sort of signal?  Like maybe if they put on the album it would be a set of instructions or something instead of music?!?!

Exactly!!  I wonder if playing the G.J. album creates a lock down of the hatch.  We saw a lock down before, when the food drop came in, but that was created by someone outside the hatch.  Unless John Locke was listening to it while riding that stationary bike??  I don't remember.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 05:11:05 PM »
Well now that I think about it, GJ couldn't really be an instuctional tape, well, maybe not an obvious one anyways as they had an album in that cd shop Hurley was at.  I am personally very curious as to whether or not the writers will get to explaining the role of this band in the Lost world.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »
Well now that I think about it, GJ couldn't really be an instuctional tape, well, maybe not an obvious one anyways as they had an album in that cd shop Hurley was at.  I am personally very curious as to whether or not the writers will get to explaining the role of this band in the Lost world.

Very true, but the code Charlie punched in was set to the tune of Good Vibrations.  Although it might be songs on the album, maybe it the particular chord it's in or a certain series of notes.  Maybe they pulled a "Beatles" trick and used a dog whistle (or other sound not detected by human ears) to implement the code.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »
Yeah!  My only thoughts on that is how does GJ and Dharma connect?  Simply looking at the timeline, Geronimo Jackson is supposed to be some obscure band from the 70's, as as far as I know.... Dharma wasn't around until 1980?  Or at least that is the date from the Pearl Orientation Video.  So it is hard for me to think that one influenced the other, but easily members of the band could have joined up with Dharma.  I mean, they both seemed to be a hippie-free-love sort of gang.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
I don't remember what the timeline was, but something on DJ Dan's site made me think that the band toured colleges.  Something about someone saying their mom or grandma saw them at a university??  Anyway, from TLE we know that people were recruited for major universities, along with the DeGroots.  And I thought Dharma started in the 70's??  I think the filmstrips are just from '80.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 05:33:58 PM »
Interesting.  I was just paroooosing lostpedia and found the album cover of Geronimo Jackson's Magna Carta.  Note the free-standing door?  In Stephen King's Dark Tower series, I think the second book... the main charater Roland comes across these free-standing doors on a beach.  The doors enable him to see inside the other people heads, sorta like Being John Malcovich.  Anyhow, another Dark Tower reference?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
Interesting.  I was just paroooosing lostpedia and found the album cover of Geronimo Jackson's Magna Carta.  Note the free-standing door?  In Stephen King's Dark Tower series, I think the second book... the main charater Roland comes across these free-standing doors on a beach.  The doors enable him to see inside the other people heads, sorta like Being John Malcovich.  Anyhow, another Dark Tower reference?

Is it me or is that the island in the background?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »
Holy crap!  I think I see Eko's Jesus Stick!!!   :o