Author Topic: Good Vibrations  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Good Vibrations
« on: May 24, 2007, 08:29:21 PM »
When Charlie was told that the code to the jamming equipment was Good Vibrations on the key pad, the gal also explained that it was programmed by a musician.  Are we finally getting some answers on the whole Geronimo Jackson question?  Was the record in the Swan something to play when you needed a code to unlock something in the technology of Dharma?

What do you think?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Good Vibrations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
Umm... I'd say no.

That doesn't really make sense. I think it was a coincidence. A really cool coincidence which made Charlie the only one on the island able to get the code. :D

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
And maybe the dome of psychic energy that prevents things from entering or the island being visible has something to do with vibrating at a certain frequancy.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »
I don't know--it has to tie in somewhere.  We've been left wondering what Geronimo Jackson has to do with being on the island, and there have been several references to the band, especially the references on that radio station that Sayid picked up on the radio.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 12:35:49 PM »
Umm... I'd say no.

That doesn't really make sense. I think it was a coincidence. A really cool coincidence which made Charlie the only one on the island able to get the code. :D
i'm with you jb.  charlie was the only one (probably) that could have figured out the keys to make "good vibrations"

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »
play 4815162342 on a keypad and see what you get.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »
some old lady in spokane washington?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »
that would suck if you had that number.  na, i meant the tune that you get.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
I agree that Charlie was the only one NOW able to figure it out, but that's not what this thread is about!  Charlie was told that a long time ago, when the hatch first became operational, that code was programmed by a musician that was there on the island.  I am speculating that that musician was Geronimo Jackson!!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
Just some interesting facts that I thought would help me prove what I am trying to get at here:

1.  Charlie's middle name is "Hieronymus", a foreign variant of the name "Geronimo".

2.  Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse seemed to suggest that the band was real. "They're a band not a lot of people have heard about. They just pressed one very obscure album in the mid to late '70s".  (I relize that by stating "pressed" they probably mean recorded, and I understand this is vinyl records we are talking about, but saying "pressed" sounds a bit odd to me when most people refer to it as "recorded")

3.  Their only album was called Magna Carta.  In the 1200's the Magna Carta was drawn up to give the King's subjects rights.  It was and is the basis of democracy.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 05:03:29 PM »

That was truly funny.  Well played.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 06:18:18 PM »
I'm on the Geronimo Jackson train with you ND!  Unless the band is just a sick inside joke, it has to pertain to Dharma somehow.  We have had SEVERAL references to the band: Hurley saw the album with his friend in the music shop, Hurley found the record in the Swan, Eddie (the agent at the pot farm) had his Geronimo Jackson t-shirt on, another dude at the pot farm commented on Geronimo Jackson and Eddie said that his dad was a fan.  Did I miss any?  Not to mention when the Hanso Foundation number was available, the foreign announcer clearly said "Geronimo Jackson" amid his talk.  I think GJ goes a little deeper than  an egg. 

And you don't have to be an ordained musician to make a code out of a song.  But the fact that Bonnie stated "it was programmed by a musician" means that it was programmed by someone who's life's work was music.  I think this ties into why we have been hearing so much about Geronimo Jackson.   

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 06:19:15 PM »

That was truly funny.  Well played.
thanks.  i try.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
I know this isn't dead-on, but there was something else rather interesting that I found today in some Lost info I was reading.  The guy who started Geronimo Jackson was named Keith Strutter.  Then we just found out that the DS on Charlie's ring stood for Dexter Stratton.  Strutter/Stratton--it's a little too close for me to just chalk it up as coincidence.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »
When the blonde hatchie started saying the code, I swear she started with "545", yet when Charlie pushed the buttons, he started with what looked like "515" or "595", definitely not "545".  Am I imagining this?  Also, how did he know which buttons were which tones right off the bat without making a few mistakes?  Creative license to save time by the writers?