Author Topic: Juliet's sister and her child...  (Read 7116 times)

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet's sister and her child...
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »
Not sure,but i think the paper Jack had said 2006... they've been on the island since when?

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 06:45:02 AM »

And here's the boy.

Oh that rocks! I didn't know if it was AARON or someone else's kid...like Kate.

IF this turns out to be Rachel and Julian, then I would almost venture to guess that it could be possible for the funeral to be Juliet's.  One thing holding me back from thinking that way was the fact that her sis would be there for it, but if she was in the hospital, then, logically, she wouldn't be able to attend.
But we have the name of the MAN that died...right?

Offline Ekos Ghost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »
Thank you for the screen caps.  It definitely makes me think that it is Juliet's sister.  But if that is her son then it would be too far in the future to make any sense.  I can't imagine that a show that has been on for three years and has only moved along about 4 months in "Lost" time would jump ahead 5 years.  There's too many questions when time moves along normally.  Let alone 5 years in the future.  But who knows, they may be taking this show in a completely different direction now.  I hope they don't change it too much. 

I'm going to have to agree that I think it may be Juliet in that coffin but I don't see the point in speculating right now.  We do this every "off" season and always come up with the wrong answers.  They never give us enough information to come to any real conclusion.

Did Juliet have any family other than her sister?  Other than Ben, who wouldn't have anyone show up at their funeral?  ???

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Re: Timeframe
The paper Jack was reading was the April 5, 2007, Los Angeles Times.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-spinoff-lost24may24,0,3493291.story

Offline Ekos Ghost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »
I believe they've been on the island since 2004.  So they get off of it after three years?  Or earlier I guess considering Jack had plenty of time to ruin his life back on the mainland.  I can't believe I have to wait until January for more.  Arrrrgggghhh!!!! 

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
COULD BE! Kept asking if Arlen sounded familiar. It wouldn't because Juliet's last name is her husband's BURKE. We need to know her maiden name.

If the kid is 8 y.o. Then he would have to have been born in 1999 right. That doesn't work if Juliet's sister gave birth in 2001/2002.

Was thinking it could be Aaron with aunt Lindsay too, but that doesn't really look like her.

If Jack course corrects will this woman die or never get into the accident?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 12:01:11 PM »

How's that?

Yee haw!!!! Tex is my hero!!!

I didn't even think of this.

Fabulous!

Offline PostScript

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »
Very interesting stuff!! I can definitely see the resemblance. Just wanted to comment on the "course correction" comment. This provides an interesting conundrum, is Jack or any of the losties able to change the future? Personally I don't like to think of this as a possibility -- it adds infinite repercussions for every small action that does not occur (as it was "supposed" to). Also, the only way to change the future would in theory be to be able to know the future. Currently the only person somewhat capable of doing this is Desmond. Personally I like the angle where Jack can not change the past -- we learn about it through flashbacks -- but he can change the future and that is why he wants to get back to the island to right his wrongs -- which is the present. Who knows what exactly will occur next season, but as soon as you through in the ability for jack to change the future it throws everything off.

PS If the course correction (future knowing / changing / time travelling) is actually an option I suppose it may explain Christian still being alive. I.E. how Desmond had the ability to change things in the past... or at least we think he could.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 07:22:37 PM »
Not saying they couldn't have moved, but the hospital was in LA, and as Rachel is from Miami Florida in Juliet's flashback. 
Also, the woman in the crash was named Mrs. Arlen and Juliet's sister's name was Carlson.  Of course, she could have been married.... I do agree that they look similar, the crash victim and Rachel.  But I don't think that she is the same woman because of those things previously listed and the age of her son who would be about 5-6, and not 8 by any stretch. 

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »

How's that?

Yee haw!!!! Tex is my hero!!!

I didn't even think of this.

Fabulous!

its very alike, i'm with that... thats a good twist if its juliets funeral....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 10:44:23 PM »
Same eyebrows, at any rate.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 02:39:47 AM »
which is easily edited with a pair of tweezers.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »
Yeah....  :-\

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »
The woman almost looks like Sarah, Jack's ex.  Maybe that would explain why Jack felt so strongly about doing her surgery??  She was also pregnant wasn't she?  I just don't know about the timeline compared to the age of the child.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 05:14:09 PM »
She was pregnant when she went to see Jack after he saved those people.  So it couldn't have been her.  It would be nice if the car crash woman (Mrs. Arlen) and her son were someone we knew from flashbacks or the island but there seems to be no one who meets the bill of having an 8 year old son.  I have to think that these may have just been random people who gave Jack a much needed wake up call.  They are vastly important whether we knew them previously or not.  Knowing lost though, they really SHOULD tie in.