Author Topic: the temple  (Read 16462 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: the temple
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »
Maybe the temple is a new station built inside the head that belongs to the four-toed statue and the entry hatch for the station is through the......you guessed it....temple!   ;D  You know I'm kidding, right?
maybe the entrance is actully where the 5th toe was.  maybe they blew it up so that no one could get in the hatch!  that's where the toe went!

hey, that's anothe connection to the number 5!!!

Maybe Locke has been to the island before in another time and blew the 5th toe up also!   :D

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »
Latest Temple development: the map Ben gave to Rousseau/Alex/Carl shows the Temple somewhere in the island's interior, along a ridgeline, and not close to the coast.  I.e. it's not near the 4-toed statue.  However, it was odd that the symbol for the Temple, and the map's look & feel, was like that on the map Charlotte had of the Tempest.  Were these maps made during Dharma's heyday?  If so, that Widmore now seems to have been the man behind Dharma, it makes sense that he'd have access to Dharma-era maps like the one provided to Charlotte.

Question is, would Widmore have been able to get a mole onto the island, with access to communication? Or did he compromise one of Ben's people off-island, like Mr. Friendly, to acquire updates on Ben's doings on the island?  How else would he have known that taking the Tempest offline was such a high priority?

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
there was adharma symbol by the temples name

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »
Latest Temple development: the map Ben gave to Rousseau/Alex/Carl shows the Temple somewhere in the island's interior, along a ridgeline, and not close to the coast.  I.e. it's not near the 4-toed statue.  However, it was odd that the symbol for the Temple, and the map's look & feel, was like that on the map Charlotte had of the Tempest.  Were these maps made during Dharma's heyday?  If so, that Widmore now seems to have been the man behind Dharma, it makes sense that he'd have access to Dharma-era maps like the one provided to Charlotte.

Question is, would Widmore have been able to get a mole onto the island, with access to communication? Or did he compromise one of Ben's people off-island, like Mr. Friendly, to acquire updates on Ben's doings on the island?  How else would he have known that taking the Tempest offline was such a high priority?

Okay perhaps we are beating this point into the ground.  We know that the Island belonged to Widmore at some point.  So if he was involved with Dharma and had been on the island etc.  then it would stand to reason that he would know about the tempest and have maps of the island, as noted.

Daniel and the other members of the team came well equipped so, there is no doubt that Widmore has intimate knowledge of what is on that island not necessarily have a mole.  If he had a mole then he might be able to get on the island.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
Okay perhaps we are beating this point into the ground.  We know that the Island belonged to Widmore at some point.  So if he was involved with Dharma and had been on the island etc.  then it would stand to reason that he would know about the tempest and have maps of the island, as noted.

Daniel and the other members of the team came well equipped so, there is no doubt that Widmore has intimate knowledge of what is on that island not necessarily have a mole.  If he had a mole then he might be able to get on the island.

I've been posting this in a few threads already, but here it goes again:

Widmore told Ben, "The island is mine, Benjamin.  It always was.  It will be again."  I think he was more than just involved with Dharma.  I think he goes back MUCH farther than that!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »
Dang, this is the spoiler free thread.  Where shall I print this juicy tidbit I heard from an Emerson interview?  Hmm...looking for a place to hide a groovy spoiler on this subject.  *still looking*

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2008, 11:45:10 PM »
Dang, this is the spoiler free thread.  Where shall I print this juicy tidbit I heard from an Emerson interview?  Hmm...looking for a place to hide a groovy spoiler on this subject.  *still looking*

Lakie did this happen already?  With the season finale no one was at the temple it was the orchid they focused on.  So with that said the season done, Ben is banished from the island.

If at any time Widmore moved the island then it means that he can't go back to it.

I know that he said it will be his again, but there are pieces here that we are not aware of as to why he may or may not be able to go back.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »

Did you find a place?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
It would be nice to know...Lak....where are you? :'(

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »
I'm so stupid, I can't remember for the life of me what I was talking about.  After I turned that wheel everything went POOF!

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 03:21:09 AM »
At the risk of sounding like a petulant child, "I still want a go#*amn Temple," complete with ruins and all! I want a @#$^&*! archeological dig site! The writers better pull through.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »
Matahari!  LTNS!
There's a preview video for the next season posted in the spoiler thread...but it really doesn't spoil anything...that shows it.  Can't give details here, but it looks cool.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
At the risk of sounding like a petulant child, "I still want a go#*amn Temple," complete with ruins and all! I want a @#$^&*! archeological dig site! The writers better pull through.

At the risk of sounding like your petulant twin, ME TOO!!!

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
An archaeological site would be awesome!

RE: Widmore's mole. It could be that Widmore does have an person, or shall I say entity to monitor the island and send reports - the smoke monster. Granted it appears Ben "controls" it, but what else seems to be all over the island, can scan people at whim and take a variety of shapes so it can be anything or even anyone?? Perhaps the control is not entire but Smokey protects the island so if someone is using him for that purpose he obeys.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »
Smokey as Widdie's mole?  Works for me!