Author Topic: the temple  (Read 15752 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: the temple
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 09:30:13 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool somehow if the Losties found the head of the statue...>AND IT LOOKED JUST LIKE RICHARD?

No temple set for season 4 sorry.

Maybe, but the head of Richard would still be cool....

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 10:16:30 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool somehow if the Losties found the head of the statue...>AND IT LOOKED JUST LIKE RICHARD?

No temple set for season 4 sorry.

Maybe, but the head of Richard would still be cool....

Oh so compleltey cool,very Twilight Zone /Planet ofThe Apes.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
I was reading the description of "The Fountainhead" that Sawyer was reading.  The architect the story is about design's a temple to the human spirit: Mallory agrees to sculpt a statue of the human spirit for the temple. Roark suggests Dominique for a model. For the next few months, Roark works with brilliant intensity. He designs a horizontal temple, scaled to human height. He wants it to bring the sky down to man and allow visitors to find strength.

Um.  I don't know!  I'd rather the temple end up being more of a hatch...but maybe it is more of a place that Richard's people identify with, so a more ancient part of the island.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
I have a feeling its going to be a something that once was, with little explaination to add to the mystery, one of those things you never find out about. Just a meeting/hiding place now. But I could be wrong...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »
OK.  So I rewatched The Brig and Ben says to Locke that "we are going someplace new. well, someplace old, actually."  Which I'm assuming is the temple.  So.  I guess it's old, and probably is more along the lines of the columns that cooper was tied to like already mentioned.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »
COuld it be related to the 4 toe statue??

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
I would think it must.  "Well, and old place, actually..."  That statue seemed old and crumbling.  It seemed to go along with the columns, though those were the only two old looking structures we've seen.  The temple is far away from the barracks, and Dharma may not have even known about it.  It could be that the temple is a special place, sort of like the native version of the barracks- another base camp/stronghold type of thing.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »
What seems strange is, if anyone was a "native" logically, they would be of the ethnicity of other local areas....like aboriginal or pacific asian....hmmmmm...everything is strange....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »
I wonder if this show just isn't about "lost" things.  Like...crash survivors, amelia earhart, atlantis, garden of eden...not the real thing exactly, but pieces to remind us enough of them.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
It a collage of mystery....

....oh, and the temple is part of it....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 08:36:43 PM »
That's a good way to put it.  They have said from the begining that not everything will get an answer.  So some of the mystery will be for us to come up with on our own.........until I kidnap Carlton Cuse and make him my slave....!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
somehow i dont think it would matter...you cant give answers if you dont have any lol...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
Maybe the temple is a new station built inside the head that belongs to the four-toed statue and the entry hatch for the station is through the......you guessed it....temple!   ;D  You know I'm kidding, right?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
Maybe the temple is a new station built inside the head that belongs to the four-toed statue and the entry hatch for the station is through the......you guessed it....temple!   ;D  You know I'm kidding, right?
maybe the entrance is actully where the 5th toe was.  maybe they blew it up so that no one could get in the hatch!  that's where the toe went!

hey, that's anothe connection to the number 5!!!

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
COuld it be related to the 4 toe statue??

the hebrew root for jacob is "foot" and i think they gave it four toes just to screw with you.  perhaps jacob had streeter's dysplasia