Author Topic: Hurley proves he's valuable  (Read 4297 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley proves he's valuable
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »
Hurley rocked in this episode. I felt so bad for him when Sawyer told him not to come - and last week with Charlie.

So was it the weight or his bad luck or something else that made them say no to him helping. Just curious as to what others think.

Never thought I'd see that van again! Thought he was going to drive it right into the water! What a great way for Hurley to end the season!

One of the best moments of the episode and of TV history!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
Isn't it possible that they are all protecting him?  Why does everyone assume that they are just putting them down because they are jerks?

Charlie, used his bigness to prevent him from going on a suicide mission...but is quick to hug him and say I love you.  We know Sawyer has emotional issues (especially as of late with the real Sawyer), so telling Hurley he is too big and to get the bleep outta here is really Sawyer saying "I love you man, you are one of the good guys.  You are pure, don't go on this mission".  They are all trying to protect him and his purity which makes him so darn loveable.

Yeah, Hurley rocked tonight...I hope he doesn't regret taking someone's life tho to prove how valuable he could be.
i agree joy.  i think they are all trying to protect hurley and his "goodness" rather than really put him down.  they just use his size as a way of blowing him off.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »
I was afraid he was going to off himself after being rejected yet again.

Offline mexicotime

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
I believe that they were trying to protect him from getting hurt. I am glad that Hurley took what Sawyer said and turned it into a drive to help out.

Yeah, Hurley rocked tonight...I hope he doesn't regret taking someone's life tho to prove how valuable he could be.

I don't think that we have to worry about Hurley regretting his actions because he did it to save his friends lives, and not just killing others for the sake of killing them.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
Isn't it possible that they are all protecting him?  Why does everyone assume that they are just putting them down because they are jerks?

Charlie, used his bigness to prevent him from going on a suicide mission...but is quick to hug him and say I love you.  We know Sawyer has emotional issues (especially as of late with the real Sawyer), so telling Hurley he is too big and to get the bleep outta here is really Sawyer saying "I love you man, you are one of the good guys.  You are pure, don't go on this mission".  They are all trying to protect him and his purity which makes him so darn loveable.

lmfao.. he meant "you are pure" eh? lmfao.. silly girl

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 04:46:05 PM »
You know what I mean  ::)  It was late :P

Offline leximan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
attention others, attention others
Hurley had the balls to call them bastards and to talk to them and saying that they have to stay of their beach...
dude, hurley rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now he is waiting for jack to euh, you know, phone home!!!!

greE.T.ings

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »
I was afraid he was going to off himself after being rejected yet again.

I was in the same boat... after he got shot down, I figured he would do something extreme(which he did), but end up hurt and or dead...

glad the big guy pulled through.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »
Hurley's not the type to off himself. Although there was that incident on the cliff with Dave...  :-\

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »
Iwas so proud of Hurley damn creative way to go Hurley; even Sawyer was impressed ;D ;D

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »
I know, me too! I wanted to reach through the screen and hug his furry Hurley self!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »
I know, me too! I wanted to reach through the screen and hug his furry Hurley self!

I just screamed WAY TO GO HURLEY hubby thought I was nutz.