Author Topic: Um....are you guys nuts??!  (Read 2665 times)

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Um....are you guys nuts??!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
They talked about it in "The_Answers..."  I'd thought about it too... but as you say... time'll tell.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »
I'm guessing that they will be rescued soon, if it hasn't already happened. In this episode, the real story was with Jack in the hospital and the flashbacks were what happened on island :D

But we know that they eventually get off the island and that they want to get back to the island. Why is it bad if they were rescued? Jack is going back and he'll bring a lot of people with him.

Am I saying that definitely they were rescued? No. But I'm not ruling it out.

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 08:34:23 PM »
I agree they aren't off the island until the last season.  I am thinking that Ben might not have been lying about the ship looking for them to wipe them all out. Either way, I don't think they are saved. 

I agree wholeheartedly. It was the first time that I ever believed Ben, this episode when he said the boat's not a rescue boat, and they're wipe them all out. I don't know why, probably because of knowing of the seasons to come and keeping in mind Ben's flashbacks. I believed him, and I believe him even more after hearing Penny.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 12:08:25 PM »
They said this finale would be a "gamechanger."  You can't say they'll definitely not be rescued next season anymore than you can say they will be rescued because we don't know either way.  This is why the producers refuse to talk about the finale and they're going to let us debate it all summer because they want us to wonder about these very things.
i think it's possible that we come back in "real time" and have flashbacks to island time (shout out to debs for this idea), but i don't think tptb will do that, yet.  maybe if it was the LAST season, but not NOW.  they would have to remain "real time" for 3 years, which, personally, i think could get boring.  the island and it's mystery is one of the reasons we are all (or most) drawn to this show.  without it, i think at least some would stop watching.