Author Topic: Um....are you guys nuts??!  (Read 2719 times)

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Um....are you guys nuts??!
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:04:12 AM »
I keep reading about everyone getting rescued at the end. We did not see them leave the island. It is like assuming Locke was dead when Ben shot him....do not believe it until you see it. How would they spend the next three years flashbacking about the island and how it affected them (such as making Jack a drug addict)?

They stay on the island. Crap happens. It obviously messes Jack up. I am assuming he has to make some decisions where people die - what else would mess him up that bad? Losing Kate?? C'mon. She obviously ends up with someone from the island because she said to Jack "He's waiting for me" in a way that shows a.) Jack has to know who the person is and b.) has issues with him.

If they left the island now, how would we find out what Ben means about the island, who Jacob is, etc.

They did not get rescued. Yet.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Um....are you guys nuts??!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:08:47 AM »
I agree they aren't off the island until the last season.  I am thinking that Ben might not have been lying about the ship looking for them to wipe them all out. Either way, I don't think they are saved. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »
I have not read anyone saying they were rescued tonight. There is still alot of island story to tell. Jack would not be this upset about leaving the island if the get off.

Offline PostScript

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:15:44 AM »
Well it should be interesting to see the format they take for next season. If it follows with this episode -- the island may be the flashbacks (ie process getting off) and getting back to the island may be the present (for whatever reason). I for one would not protest such a change (at least for part of the season as awkward as that may be).

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17:19 AM »
I have not read anyone saying they were rescued tonight. There is still alot of island story to tell. Jack would not be this upset about leaving the island if the get off.

It is mentioned in:

Whose Funeral Was That?
Was Ben Right?  
Who Was Naomi?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:38:27 AM »
i loved the flash forward thing to night but i dont want them to really continue it with other characters.

then we would know that certain people dont die.

But my main reason for not wanting th eshow to be like this, is because what if somehting happens to one of the achtors and they cant be on the show anymore.  That would totally mess up the whole them getting off the island thing.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to say they get "rescued" at the end of this season.  After all, Desmond saw Claire and Aaron on a helicopter.  And they communicated with the outside world for the first time and someone is coming to their location.  They ended the show by revealing that Jack and Kate do get rescued.  And they ended the island portion with someone supposedly coming to rescue them.

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:49:06 AM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to say they get "rescued" at the end of this season.  After all, Desmond saw Claire and Aaron on a helicopter.  And they communicated with the outside world for the first time and someone is coming to their location.  They ended the show by revealing that Jack and Kate do get rescued.  And they ended the island portion with someone supposedly coming to rescue them.

If this was "Friends," then yes.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:51:11 AM »
yes but u dont know when he saw claire getting off the island.

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:53:26 AM »
yes but u dont know when he saw claire getting off the island.

Correct. If we had "seen" it, we would know by Aaron's age. Baby? Toddler?

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 09:04:30 AM »
Well it should be interesting to see the format they take for next season. If it follows with this episode -- the island may be the flashbacks (ie process getting off) and getting back to the island may be the present (for whatever reason). I for one would not protest such a change (at least for part of the season as awkward as that may be).

And they could change the title from Lost to The (Thirty)Nine. :)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:39:33 PM »
yeah I don't think they'll be off the island until the last season.  Something happens and they don't get off having to do with whoever is on that boat.  The flashforward will be revealed in the last season and we'll know what that was all about.  I too really hope they don't do flash forwards from now on.  That would be disappointing and probably confusing.

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
This talk of them being rescued at the end of this season is silly.  There is no way we're gonna come back in January and not be on the island.  If this ship, good or bad, is really coming to the island... we're gonna see it.  As for flashforwards... I don't think they'll become the standard.  i think they'll be used on occassion... but I had a thought on it...

How do we know they're flash forwards?  For one... they may not be the definite future  Desmond may be unable to keep someone from dying, but that doesn't mean the future is set on a specific path.

And... maybe the island is flashbacks... *shrug.*  I dunno.  I seriously doubt that possibility, but we'll know soon enough.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »
They said this finale would be a "gamechanger."  You can't say they'll definitely not be rescued next season anymore than you can say they will be rescued because we don't know either way.  This is why the producers refuse to talk about the finale and they're going to let us debate it all summer because they want us to wonder about these very things.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »
As for flashforwards... I don't think they'll become the standard.  i think they'll be used on occassion...

I don't recall where I read / saw it, but I recall the Producers talking about the fact that when we are done, we are going to know the relevant Past, Present, and Future of the show.  At the time, it sounded odd and I assumed they were talking about the Future from where the time line was at that given moment.  But after seeing the flashforward, it wouldn't surprise me to see them start to employ this somewhat frequently in the upcoming seasons.  Of course, time will tell.