Author Topic: They're All Dyslexic  (Read 2208 times)

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
They're All Dyslexic
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:22 AM »
Ben... Locke... why can't they talk straight for once? "It's a mistake." "You're not meant to do this." *Why* is it a mistake? *Why* isn't he meant to do it? If Ben or Locke really didn't want that call to be made, you'd think they'd try to be even a little convincing.

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: They're All Dyslexic
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 04:18:38 AM »
Seriously! Nobody ever asks a straight question or gives a straight answer. And then nobody pursues it.

C'mon Sawyer! After all you've seen, you just want to know why you were cracking rocks?

Offline cookiejack

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:25:00 AM »
I agree.  Ben says "Naomi is not who she appears to be"  and "She's a bad guy".  If he knew that much, he must have known who she was.  Why didn't he just say something like "Naomi works for so-and-so, and she is here to do such-and-such".  All those oblique comments are so aggravating!

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:56:15 AM »
 :D Should I read this thread backwards?  :D

I agree, too many open lines out there like Ben's "she's not who she says she is" crap...but it's how a show with suspense MUST be written.  :-\

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »
but it's how a show with suspense MUST be written
mmm... I'm not so sure. I've seen other shows and long term stories that kept the audience in suspense without aggravating them.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »
Ben... Locke... why can't they talk straight for once? "It's a mistake." "You're not meant to do this." *Why* is it a mistake? *Why* isn't he meant to do it? If Ben or Locke really didn't want that call to be made, you'd think they'd try to be even a little convincing.

I agree.  It's so frickin annoying.  I just want to scream at them and go to that island and say "what is wrong with you people!  Just spit it out."  Why can't they just talk in regular sentences like normal people.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:34:13 PM »
Um....How straight of an answer can you give when your leader is invisible and your biggest enemy is a magic cloud???

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:36:15 PM »

I agree.  It's so frickin annoying.  I just want to scream at them and go to that island and say "what is wrong with you people!  Just spit it out."  Why can't they just talk in regular sentences like normal people.
Uhhh...cuz none of them are normal people, maybe?:)

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:19 PM »
Um....How straight of an answer can you give when your leader is invisible and your biggest enemy is a magic cloud???
Brilliant argument...so now we know: they are not normal people, and there's a bunch of crazee stuff on that island.
So I guess we shouldn't expect predictable behavior then? rsrsrsrsr......;)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 11:40:44 PM »
If I was there, since day one I would have been saying WHAT?  ALL OF THE TIME, WHAT???  Are you KIDDING?  There is a MAGIC CLOUD TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE, well sometimes it is a pervert cloud and just takes PICTURES OF OUR BRAINS??  And WHAT?  There are Other people here who kidnap kids and pregnant women?  Well really it is all better than working for the government, I say WHAT?  even more SURPRISINGLY every day at work at the IRS, HAHA

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 11:44:10 PM »
Charlie was sort of saying that at the beginning of last week's episode, when they were all walking out to see Jack and Rousseau's little "demonstration" with the dynamite.  Didn't he say something like "Why does everything has to be such a big secret all the time?  Why can't we just get everything out in the open?"   :D  I remember I laughed at that at the time and thought -- You ain't kiddin', buddy!

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:47:51 PM »
I agree.  Ben says "Naomi is not who she appears to be"  and "She's a bad guy".  If he knew that much, he must have known who she was.  Why didn't he just say something like "Naomi works for so-and-so, and she is here to do such-and-such".  All those oblique comments are so aggravating!
I think some things are just not easy to explain and sound stupid when you try. For example try to explain to someone quickly whey lost is a good show. You will probable end up with a opaque explanation like "it a real good show"

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »
I stood up and cheered when Alex asked Ben "why not just let them go?" (paraphrasing)

Of course Ben side stepped it and just said "because I can't".  No answer but at least someone asked.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
I LOVED IT WHEN HE SAID "Alex, Here is your Mother!"  And of course all Queen Crazy can think of to say is, "Would you like to help me tie him up?"