Poll

Who most represents your leadership style?

Ben - authoritarian
0 (0%)
Locke - quester
2 (22.2%)
Jack - healer
0 (0%)
Hurley - friendly
3 (33.3%)
Sayid - skill-based
1 (11.1%)
Danielle - loner
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 28, 2007, 11:18:38 AM

Author Topic: Leadership Types Poll  (Read 2123 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Leadership Types Poll
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »
Thought this would be interesting.  I think one of Lost's main themes is leadership.  Whose ideas are good?  Who communicates them well?  Who helps the weak links?  Who encourages member growth?  Who solves problems effectively?  Who gets what they and their party wants?  Who's a success?

So...if you were on the island and needed to lead, which character would you be more like?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Leadership Types Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »
i've actually taken quite a few leadership tests/evaluations.  none of these characters fit me.  i am a behind the scenes kind of leader.  think of the vice president.  just because he isn't president doesn't mean he's not a leader, quite the contrary.  i'm a leader, but i don't want to be in the limelight. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 01:05:16 PM »
i've actually taken quite a few leadership tests/evaluations.  none of these characters fit me.  i am a behind the scenes kind of leader.  think of the vice president.  just because he isn't president doesn't mean he's not a leader, quite the contrary.  i'm a leader, but i don't want to be in the limelight. 

Yes, but what motivates you -- your skill, relationships, principles?  Suggest another character and I'll add it to the options.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:45:42 PM »

Yes, but what motivates you -- your skill, relationships, principles?  Suggest another character and I'll add it to the options.
i'm probably a cross between sayid and ben.  i'm skill driven, but authoritarian of sorts.  i just don't want to be THE authoritarian but AN authoritarian.  (if that makes any sense). 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »

i'm probably a cross between sayid and ben.  i'm skill driven, but authoritarian of sorts.  i just don't want to be THE authoritarian but AN authoritarian.  (if that makes any sense). 

You should vote for Sayid.

Would that be voter fraud if I told you what to vote? ::)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »

You should vote for Sayid.

Would that be voter fraud if I told you what to vote? ::)
i won't tell.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
For a minute I thought this said Lesbian Poll.  I was a wee bit disapointed when I clicked on it :P

;)
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »
For a minute I thought this said Lesbian Poll.  I was a wee bit disapointed when I clicked on it :P

;)

Yikes!

You see the word lesbian when you read leadership?

Maybe you should be on the word association thread ;).

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »

;)

Yikes!

I see lesbians everywhere :)
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
Double yikes!  :o

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 02:45:33 PM »
Great idea, laklost! I'm the friendly type of leader. I help, rather than force.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 03:56:57 PM »
For a minute I thought this said Lesbian Poll.  I was a wee bit disappointed when I clicked on it :P

;)

Yikes!

I see lesbians everywhere :)
:D  :D  :D

I'm the type who delegates...until I figure out no one knows what the heck they are doing and then just do it by myself ::)

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »
What a fun poll!  I'm best left to myself (the world is safer too).   ;D

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 09:45:21 AM »
I'm a loner...Danielle.