Poll

Who do you think was in the Coffin at the funeral home?

Locke
23 (19.3%)
Sawyer
10 (8.4%)
Walt
1 (0.8%)
Jacob
5 (4.2%)
Ben
34 (28.6%)
Someone we have not met yet
29 (24.4%)
Other/Not Listed (Please explain)
17 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: November 20, 2007, 02:54:16 PM

Author Topic: Who was in the coffin?  (Read 37740 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Who was in the coffin?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »
Somebody please start a thread about the fact that Mikail cannot die!  My lord, he got shot in the heart by an arrow.  Please, four threads is my limit.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »
My guess would be Jacob.  

Offline PhiLostopherKing

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 02:27:17 AM »
I am willing to bet it is whoever made this whole thing happen. Whoever is pulling the strings behind the island and made all their lives hell.

My first post here. I think there'll be a lot to talk about for the next eight months...

This is a complete shot in the dark, but since that seems to be what the show encourages us to do, here goes:

There's a philosopher who fits the "J.... tham" name that we can see on the obituary: Jeremy Bentham. Not only that, he's the guy behind the idea of the "Panopticon," which just might have a lot in common with the Island as we've come to know it.

From the link:

The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell if they are being observed or not, thus conveying a "sentiment of an invisible omniscience." In his own words, Bentham described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example."

Could Jack be mourning a character we don't know yet, a character who's ultimately responsible for the creation/maintenance/whatever of the island?

Offline hotgarbage

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »
Don't think it was Juliette's...a better look at the paper Jack has reads: Los Angeles, Man Found Downtown... and mabey the word Hotel.  Kate says, "he'll wonder where I'm at", to Jack which makes you think Sawyer.  The only other possibility (for now) could be her son.  If she did become pregnant.  My guess is Ben then Locke.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 02:28:25 AM »
Somebody please start a thread about the fact that Mikail cannot die!  My lord, he got shot in the heart by an arrow.  Please, four threads is my limit.

Except that he is dead, blew himself up with the hand gernade.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 02:36:57 AM »
And he got fried in a sonic fence, beat mercilessly, and shot in the chest.  What's a little underwater grenade after all that.....flesh wound.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37:30 AM »
Yeah, if Patchy comes back from that, I think I'll have to quit watching.  How he jumped in the water and swam to the window with a grenade and no one noticed is something I've been wondering.

Does anyone else think the coffin looked too small for an adult?  I feel like I'm the only person who noticed that and I'm wondering if I'm delusional.  That would mean it was a funeral either for a child or a very small person.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 02:38:46 AM »

LOL  There you go!  

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 02:41:10 AM »
Yeah, if Patchy comes back from that, I think I'll have to quit watching.  How he jumped in the water and swam to the window with a grenade and no one noticed is something I've been wondering.

Does anyone else think the coffin looked too small for an adult?  I feel like I'm the only person who noticed that and I'm wondering if I'm delusional.   That would mean it was a funeral either for a child or a very small person.

It has been mentioned by others.

Offline steerpike76

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »
yeah i thought the coffin was small.. but coffins are all the same size for adults basically. and there's no way no one would come for the funeral of a child.. so.. are their any dwarfs? other than charlie the hobbit... I think the size of the coffin was not a factor. More like, just a prop thing...
But if it WAS Locke, then his legs would have been useless and therefore scrunched up in the coffin, hence the logic of using a child's coffin to save a little money on the seemingly public-funded funeral....

Offline Imnotapeck

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 02:51:31 AM »
"MAN FOUND"
"The body of J..."

It's a man whose name starts with a "J".

Offline YerMom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 02:52:50 AM »
"MAN FOUND"
"The body of J..."

Thanks for repeating previously posted info.

:P

Offline Imnotapeck

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 02:56:40 AM »
"MAN FOUND"
"The body of J..."

Thanks for repeating previously posted info.

:P

Hahaha, I know...I know. But, it seems like alot of people are still trying to guess in this thread. Figured I'd post a picture so people would LOOK at it.

:)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 03:24:12 AM »
The coffin didn't look that short.  But, if it was, maybe it was so because Mikail lost both legs and both arms in the grenade explosion but somehow managed to swim to shore by using his tongue like an auger.  Then he got rescued, lived alone watching television (Russian voice activated) and then, again with his tongue, rigged some rope and decided to check out.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 03:44:06 AM »
LOL, puff6962!!  I think you've hit your head on the nail.  :D