Author Topic: CHRISTIAN LIVES?  (Read 13644 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
CHRISTIAN LIVES?
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:14:44 PM »
I am presuming that Jack was a hero first for surviving on a deserted island and then for helping the people in the wreck.  That means that what we have seen in the future and Jack does get off the island (along with who/m else?).

So, if Dad can write a script, Dad is alive.

Christian lives, but how?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:39:33 AM by puff6962 »

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: CHRISTIAN LIVES?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:04:28 AM »
ahh

8 more months

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:21:16 AM »
Nope.  Christian is dead.  Jack wrote the script himself.  His babble about his dad was a device used by the writers to throw us off.  He was drugged and in a delusional state. 

CHRISTIAN SHEPARD IS DEAD!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 01:39:04 AM »
OK, maybe I should have titled the thread "Christian lives?"

Offline PostScript

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:39:34 AM »
The script might be fake. But the line "why don't you go upstairs and find my father, if I am more drunk than him then you can fire me" pretty much solidifies that Christian is alive. (Obviously the surgery director and all of the nurses around would be aware if his father was alive or dead) I suppose it could be a continuity slip on the part of the writers, but I highly doubt that. That would be a huge slip!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:42:01 AM »
Or Jack was so out of it, he thought his dad was alive when in fact he was dead. The doc looked confused by Jack when he said that.

That or alternate universes.

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:43:08 AM »
^didn't think of that, cuz he was screaming out about how his dad was upstairs and drunker than him...
It would be crazy if he was alive, but i guess it makes sense that id be him being dillusional, oxycodin f's u up
no it was not a continuity slip it was meant to make us crazy...

Offline lauraislost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 01:49:15 AM »
Christian is dead...  that whole speech about his dad being upstairs was a trick by the writers.  And also, he says that drunk and in a bad state.  Notice nobody said, "Yeah let me go up there and check..."  Instead they look at him as if were nuts (or high) because his dad is dead!!!

Regarding the Rx...  He could have easily had one of his dad's Rx pads from before and written it himself.  Again, notice that he freaked out when she wanted to call his dad's office.  It wasn't only because the Rx was fake, it was because his dad is dead!!![/b]

Offline PostScript

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »
Honestly based on these two pieces of evidence it seems like the writers were saying that Christian is alive. The argument that nobody said let me go check is silly, because if he is in fact alive no one would need to check. Also, although Jack was drugged, he was surprisingly coherent. I suppose you can look at it both ways, but for my money I am betting Christian is alive and there is a story behind it.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:58:48 AM »
But if his father was upstairs wouldn't you call him to help deal with Jack. His son is all doped up, call the guys dad.

They didn't because he is dead

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:15:58 AM »
Didn't Christian get fired from the hospital? Maybe the morgue is upstairs.

Offline exorcst

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:22:02 AM »
He also wouldnt let the pharmacist call his dad's office.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 02:22:08 AM »
yes yes i want to believe and i know deep down juggy does as well.

but they made it clear to say that the black guy was the new gead of surgery,  which Christian was.  So why would they need a new one if he is still alive.

Im pretty sure he is dead but i really dont want him to be.

Offline JoeyAlterman

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 02:27:25 AM »
his dad did get fired from the hospital for being a drunk. but the lady in the CVS would know if Christian died, she wouldn't have said let me call your fathers office if he was dead, pharmacists know if doctors die for that reason exactly, Jacks dad is alive!

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 04:04:17 AM »
I suppose you can look at it both ways, but for my money I am betting Christian is alive and there is a story behind it.

I have been rolling my eyes since season one about people being so sure that Christian was alive.  We knew he was dead... it was obvious.  Now... hmmmm.  I think I will officially have to stop guessing and let the writer's take me to where they want to go.

Christian is... living in Whoopi Goldberg's body!