Author Topic: The Brilliant Dynamite Plan  (Read 4981 times)

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Brilliant Dynamite Plan
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »
Seems everything woulda worked much better if they skipped the whole dynamite and waiting for the Others part of the plan. Seven dead. Whoop-de-do. That doesn't help their situation. But now the Others know exactly where the losties are.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Brilliant Dynamite Plan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »
That is true, why the hell did they even stay behind at all?  It seemed like a good idea last week!  HAHA

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:04:24 AM »
It almost worked perfectly. If Jin would of hit his it would of been a huge success. Biggest mistake was Bernards blabbering.

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:13:22 AM »
A huge success? There are dozens of Others. What was the big deal about killing those ten? It was an awful lot of risk for virtually no benefit.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17:02 AM »
A huge success? There are dozens of Others. What was the big deal about killing those ten? It was an awful lot of risk for virtually no benefit.

those ten were pretty dangerous folk. and no more zeke so thats one less biggie.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
What was everyone else doing that they couldn't shoot the few remaining people?  It was dumb how these guys confused by the explosions found them in their hiding spots before Sayid and them could shoot them or even see them coming.  How do the guys hiding waiting to ambush get ambushed?

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:29 AM »
I still think the plan was good. Not necessarily killing them but yeah if that is what it takes to keep your women safe then yes, but if your gonna shoot Tom then why not Juliet too!!  Come on Sawyer!!

There arent dozens!! Well only about 3 dozen 30-40. So now they can advertise next season with "25% less Others"!!

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:28:36 AM »
We have to remember now that the others are the good guys

the people naomi is with are the bad guys.

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:31:34 AM »
but yeah if that is what it takes to keep your women safe then yes
But that's the thing... ambushing those Others did nothing to keep everyone else safe. As we saw, it actually put everyone in more danger.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:34:46 AM »
but yeah if that is what it takes to keep your women safe then yes
But that's the thing... ambushing those Others did nothing to keep everyone else safe. As we saw, it actually put everyone in more danger.

Keeps them safe from those 10!  And buys the rest of the group a couple hours head start, or so they thought.  Charlie had to talk and then the girls told Ben the whole plan.  And Bernard...What can you say about Bernard.  Well SHUT UP DEE DEE DEE!!

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37:15 AM »
Yeah, according to Ben.  The lying mass murderer.  I think I'll wait til next season to decide that.  And even if he's right about Naomi, that may just mean that she's WORSE than the others.  Doesn't mean they're good.

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:40:25 AM »
And buys the rest of the group a couple hours head start
If the losties didn't leave anyone behind, then the Others wouldn't have even known where everyone else had gone.

Offline cookiejack

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 04:12:13 AM »
At first I was really disappointed in Jin for missing the dynamite.  He was supposed to be a crack shot.  Then I realized that Sayid and Bernard had rifles with scopes and Jin just had a pistol.  It is much harder to be accurate at long distances with a pistol. Still it was a good plan and would have worked if Jin hadn't missed that shot. 

It is ludicrous for Ben to keep calling himself a "good guy".  Good guys don't arrange indescriminate mass murders of their comrades no matter what issues they have with their daddies.

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 04:13:37 AM »
Yeah, according to Ben.  The lying mass murderer.  I think I'll wait til next season to decide that.  And even if he's right about Naomi, that may just mean that she's WORSE than the others.  Doesn't mean they're good.

Yeah, I don't think the others are "good," but they think what they are doing is for the greater good.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »
Naomi and the people on the boat are DHARMA coming to reclaim their island...this is why Ben calls them WORSE and why Kate said something about they weren't allowed to tell anyone...