Author Topic: Where Does Locke Fit In?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Where Does Locke Fit In?
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »
Assuming that he lives, what will be his role in the finale?  When Jacob said, "help me..."  Help him with what?  I just can't see Mr. Clean's part in this simply getting out of that pit.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Where Does Locke Fit In?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »
Perhaps he'll take over Ben's spot, and create an alliance between Others and Losties.

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
Assuming he lives, I think he will appear like the cavalry at a pivotal moment and instead of helping either the Losties or the Others, will throw an entirely new monkey wrench into the mix by somehow ruining any chance for ANYONE to get off the island, doing whatever it takes to make sure he (Locke) is able to stay and the outside world will not interfere. He is on his own journey now.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:05:49 PM »
I concur.

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »
He's got another "Hatch" to blow up now too! :)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
I really don't think that I've ever heard a good reason for Locke blowing the sub and the station.  Ben thought that it was to block his father from ever getting to him again.....but that was preposterous.  We've always assumed that Locke was acting to block the world from discovering the island.  Yet, owing to the fact that nobody can find it, I don't think that is too plausible.  Na, there has to be another reason for the characters to forget about leaving.  Perhaps, if they were faced with the impossibility of rescue, then they would experience the transformation that Locke has enjoyed.  Is this what the island has told him?  Is this what gives him his certainty?  Has Jacob been speaking with him for some time, but not in words?  Tune in February 2008 and pray for answers.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »
I thought that it was Kate that liked to blow things...I mean blow up things...The Looking Glass will pull a James Bond and flood (maybe after some explosion).  Got have a scene with that water rushing in, unless it tanks the show's budget.

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »
Good point about imparting to the inhabitants the impossiblility of leaving.  The duality thing again, Ben is trying to keep alive the hope that there is a way off the island, Locke is trying to do the opposite.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
Are we the only two people on this board? 

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 08:43:22 PM »
For now it seems so....give 'em time!

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »
Assuming he lives, I think he will appear like the cavalry at a pivotal moment and instead of helping either the Losties or the Others, will throw an entirely new monkey wrench into the mix by somehow ruining any chance for ANYONE to get off the island, doing whatever it takes to make sure he (Locke) is able to stay and the outside world will not interfere. He is on his own journey now.

These are my thoughts too, but you said 'em much better than I would have!