Author Topic: Cooper and Apollo?  (Read 3923 times)

Offline bianconiglio

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Cooper and Apollo?
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
I'm sorry, but I'm new, I don't know English very well and I don't know if I'm breaking the rules by posting this picture I made (a screen cap), I assure you is not a fake. Everyone could do it, by lighting a bit the same screen cap. I'm sorry for my awful English. I thought that this forum could be one of the right place to post it, 'cause I've seen all your cute investigations and I think that this is just a curiosity, but an intriguing one:

http://www.aliaseffect.it/chicchelost/03/cap031314forsecooper%E8apollo.jpg

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper and Apollo?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »
Hi and welcome, I think I missing something. What is in the picture, I can not really see it. Not sure what you are referring to as apollo

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »
I'm sorry, but I'm new, I don't know English very well and I don't know if I'm breaking the rules by posting this picture I made (a screen cap), I assure you is not a fake. Everyone could do it, by lighting a bit the same screen cap. I'm sorry for my awful English. I thought that this forum could be one of the right place to post it, 'cause I've seen all your cute investigations and I think that this is just a curiosity, but an intriguing one:

Your English isn't that bad!

To Juggy, she is refering to the picture the arrow is pointing to. It says APOLLO along the side.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »
Ma, chi Apollo?  Non ho una conoscenza di con lui...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:12:58 AM »
Sorry guys... I said..

But, who is Apollo?  I don't know of him...

Offline bianconiglio

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
Apollo Bars?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
Might be my old eyes, but I do not see the words. I believe you, but I need my reading glasses. :-[

Offline bianconiglio

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »
Might be my old eyes, but I do not see the words. I believe you, but I need my reading glasses. :-[

Try to save the pic and enlarge it: I did it and I saw it a lot better.  ;)

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »
I see it now.  Written in caps and the letters look to be reversed but it does look like it could be APOLLO written from the top down.  Easter Egg maybe? 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Wow!  I never noticed that!  Pretty neat.  I know there is an Apollo theater that is pretty famous and the photo looks like it could be that.  BUT Apollo plays a big part in LOST, and not just the candy bars.  Lots of the hatches may have reference to, like the Swan.  It was Apollo's sacred animal, and there was a Caduceus staff that originally belonged to Apollo, the Arrow (Apollo was a god of archery) and so on and so forth. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »
Could also be an Apollo space program poster. I don't recall if this scene is in Florida, but Cooper's from Tallahassee, yes? That and his age would lend credence to his being a bit of an old space fan.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
Great catch, bianconiglio, and welcome!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »
And another thing, following up Maggie's idea, Apollo is associated with the caduceus staff 'cause he was the God of health and healing. Fits in with the island, eh? Now if there were just a legend that he had only four toes....  ;)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive LostandSeek. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_dragon

Nancy Drew mentioned the dragons with four toes thing to me before and here is a link.

This is an excerpt from the Korean Dragons that mentioned the significance of a Four Toed Dragon:

Very occasionally a dragon may be depicted as carrying a dragon orb known as the Yeo-ui-ju (여의주) in one or more of its claws. It was said that whoever could wield the Yeo-ui-ju was blessed with the abilities of omnipotence and creation at will, and that only four-toed dragons (those which had thumbs to hold the orbs) were both wise and powerful enough to wield these orbs (as opposed to the lesser, three-toed dragons).

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 10:21:14 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive LostandSeek. 

Dang! I need to start asking for more stuff!