Author Topic: Communications...  (Read 5797 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Communications...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »
I do not know the scientific particulars, nor do I care to because it is a tv show that long ago gave up on true science. What I do know is what you wrote is basically what the show told us is true.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
I thought about the frequencies thing myself, but, wouldn't Naomi's sattelite phone pick up that frequency?? I mean, those things are powerfull and hers seems very "recent" to say the least... And Sayid is not stupid, he must of searched all the frequencies available....

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »
I luv ya, but I don't agree with that one pauinha. 

Is that the same as one Iota?

I was using the person's Screen name you silly person.  :D :D :D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »
I know, they are suppose to search for a frequencey that is being used, I thought. But it is tv, suspend belief.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 09:36:33 PM »
I know, they are suppose to search for a frequencey that is being used, I thought. But it is tv, suspend belief.

yeah, u'r right....

We can imagine all we want and theorize everything but it is still a tv show....

... and i luv it  ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »

yeah, u'r right....

We can imagine all we want and theorize everything but it is still a tv show....

... and i luv it  ;D

Absolutely! I used to do a lot more predicting, but when it became clear that it was not based on true science it became sort of pointless. That is why I believe the show more and focus more on reviewing what we do know. With invisible leaders, smoke monsters and time travel anything is possible.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »
I think that TPTB try to stick to real science and stuff but.... most of the big mysteries of the island can't be explained by science...
Like the monster...

I'm a scientist by nature  8) so i keep trying to shed (?) some science light on the show, but I know you are right, with time travel involved, is kinda hard to stick to science to try to discover Lost's mysteries.... :)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 12:26:48 AM »
Julliet mentions jamming all signals except there signal
The looking glass is blocking everyones signal from leaving the island except for the others. They can get Danielles signal becasue they are on the island. Only the others siganl can be received off island.
Exactly.  Clearly stated in the show.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 12:29:40 AM »
wouldn't Naomi's sattelite phone pick up that frequency?? I mean, those things are powerfull and hers seems very "recent" to say the least... And Sayid is not stupid, he must of searched all the frequencies available....

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »
TPTB stated the cable was not only a source of power, but also communications. So cutting the cable would be pointless except breaking the line of communicating. As for Mikhail sending and getting information, I know this sound silly but....don't you think they could just cut off the jamming device for a brief time to communicate? I dunno, but it sounds like a simple idea to me, not everything is as sophisticated as everyone makes it to be.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 08:31:48 PM »
don't you think they could just cut off the jamming device for a brief time to communicate?

That's what i think too, they would turn off the blocking signal whenever Ben wanted to comunicate with the outside world. Once the Flame blew up and the Others have no communication with the rest of the world (Ben said it, so i have some doubts) the jam is 24/7

Offline mexicotime

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
If the Others could block transmissions whenever they wanted then why didn't they block previous transmissions? First of all there was the distress signal that could be heard by Lenny and Sam and then by Danielle's team (the numbers) and then by the Losties (Danielle's message). The other signal that was not blocked was when Boone made contact with Bernard on the other side of the island.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »
That would be - "suspend disbelief". :P

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
Exactly!!