Author Topic: My Theory About The Purge/Hostiles May Just Be Right Afterall  (Read 5081 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: My Theory About The Purge/Hostiles May Just Be Right Afterall
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »
If you can cover up a plane crash, then getting a duplicate bus for a hit and run murder would be a walk in the park.

How'd they get him in the street, as well as get him distracted enough to not notice a bus heading his way? As well as (lol) the bus was like less than a half a block away, and at a standstill...the bus would have never been up to that speed in such a short distance (I chalk that up so script flaw, tho lol)

Just for the sake of argument
what if the Hostiles or whoever killed Juliette's hubby can somehow go back and forth in time
and knew he would step out on the street at that exact moment
OK...I said it

Nah don'tgot here Debs she said juliet did, she wish he would be hit by a bus,theywatched him learned his schedule mafia style and ran him over or paid someone big bucks to run him over, simple.

LOL I did say for arguments sake
I agree
Unless Juliet has powers and her wishes come true instantly "poof"
sorry I'm kidding of course
Conspiracy/set up is my belief too

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »
If you can cover up a plane crash, then getting a duplicate bus for a hit and run murder would be a walk in the park.

How'd they get him in the street, as well as get him distracted enough to not notice a bus heading his way? As well as (lol) the bus was like less than a half a block away, and at a standstill...the bus would have never been up to that speed in such a short distance (I chalk that up so script flaw, tho lol)

what if the Hostiles or whoever killed Juliette's hubby can somehow go back and forth in time
OK...I said it

Nah don'tgot here Debs she said juliet did, she wish he would be hit by a bus,theywatched him learned his schedule mafia style and ran him over or paid someone big bucks to run him over, simple.

I agree

Yep no brainer Ethan and Ricahrd had the deed done on her hubby as so needed her on the island.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »

OK...I said it

I agree

Yep no brainer Ethan and Ricahrd had the deed done on her hubby as so needed her on the island.

YUP YUP YUP and Agree
That was pretty obvious right?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:17 PM »
Originally, the "hostiles" were purging the island to save it...do you think maybe the evil things Ben is doing for his own agenda may be whats making Jacob say "help me". That is assuming Jacob and the island are one in connection...

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 10:00:22 AM »
After watching the producers special last night, they stated the island is not purgatory, not hell, they are alive somewhere "in the space time continuum".

These guys are Star Trek Fans eh?

Any way, someone here brought it up a long time ago (don't know who sometime around flashes b4 your eyes),  MPU'S.

And what if on the island they see, just like Desmond moments in time but they (others) know which MPU the given event is taking place and that particular MPU which they went to recruit Juliet, her husband got killed by a bus,  a lot less work than planning around the route?

That would explain how a plane full of people are at the bottom of the ocean Dead, though I don't like the theory very much, it makes the most sense and I'm sure the writers can tie it in without Killing the show (jumping the Shark)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
I said two things last week (well, I said more than two things lol):

1) The Hostiles weren't hostile
2) Ben lied to the Hostiles and said Jacob wanted the purge to take place

In last night's episode, when Ben returned and was insisting that the kidnapping take place immediately, he said Jacob told him this...which we all know is a lie. So it kind of backs up the theory that maybe Ben did the same thing concerning the purge ("Jacob said the Dharma people needed to be purged from the island...")

Also, Richard (who, for right now anyway, is the only one we can reasonably assume is/was a "Hostile"), seemed to be against Ben's activities, while the guy Ben sent to the Losties' camp was on board immediately. Could possibly be that this guy was not an original Hostile, which was why he was more than content in carrying out Ben's plan.

So for right now, I still believe that Ben is manipulating the otherwise peaceful "Hostiles" to do his bidding (or at least act as support afterwards). Afterall, if Ben can manipulate the Losties and Dharma recruits so easily, I'm assuming he can manipulate the Hostiles as well...especially if he's conning them into believing he's able to both see and hear Jacob.
I think the Hostiles have aways been hostile to Dharma. They attacked the compound when Ben was in school with Annie. Goodspeed told Ben's father they have been have problems with the local natives. This was going on before the purge. I think the hostiles planned the purge for during the years that Ben was growing up. Thats why Richard told Ben he would have to be very very patient! Ben was going to be the Hostiles INSIDE MAN!

We just heard it, though...we never saw the attack. One of my theories was also that these "attacks" by the natives were staged by Dharma in order to keep the Dharma participants controlled (I equated it to the plot of "The Village")

It doesn't matter if the "hostile attack drill" was real or not in this instance.  The Hostiles gassed Dharma.  That makes them evil.

Those that have come to the island later are still part of the big group of "Others".  They are kidnapping, threatning and killing/attempting to kill the Losties.  While a couple may be secretly trying to help (Alex, Karl and maybe Juliet), the vast majority didn't blink when Ben said to kill anyone who tries to stop them.  There was also the midnight showing of "Hanging Mr. Cooper".  They all gathered around to see Locke kill his daddy - even hoping he went through with it.  That doesn't sound innocent to me.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
I said two things last week (well, I said more than two things lol):

1) The Hostiles weren't hostile
2) Ben lied to the Hostiles and said Jacob wanted the purge to take place

In last night's episode, when Ben returned and was insisting that the kidnapping take place immediately, he said Jacob told him this...which we all know is a lie. So it kind of backs up the theory that maybe Ben did the same thing concerning the purge ("Jacob said the Dharma people needed to be purged from the island...")

Also, Richard (who, for right now anyway, is the only one we can reasonably assume is/was a "Hostile"), seemed to be against Ben's activities, while the guy Ben sent to the Losties' camp was on board immediately. Could possibly be that this guy was not an original Hostile, which was why he was more than content in carrying out Ben's plan.

So for right now, I still believe that Ben is manipulating the otherwise peaceful "Hostiles" to do his bidding (or at least act as support afterwards). Afterall, if Ben can manipulate the Losties and Dharma recruits so easily, I'm assuming he can manipulate the Hostiles as well...especially if he's conning them into believing he's able to both see and hear Jacob.
I think the Hostiles have aways been hostile to Dharma. They attacked the compound when Ben was in school with Annie. Goodspeed told Ben's father they have been have problems with the local natives. This was going on before the purge. I think the hostiles planned the purge for during the years that Ben was growing up. Thats why Richard told Ben he would have to be very very patient! Ben was going to be the Hostiles INSIDE MAN!

We just heard it, though...we never saw the attack. One of my theories was also that these "attacks" by the natives were staged by Dharma in order to keep the Dharma participants controlled (I equated it to the plot of "The Village")

It doesn't matter if the "hostile attack drill" was real or not in this instance.  The Hostiles gassed Dharma.  That makes them evil.

Those that have come to the island later are still part of the big group of "Others".  They are kidnapping, threatning and killing/attempting to kill the Losties.  While a couple may be secretly trying to help (Alex, Karl and maybe Juliet), the vast majority didn't blink when Ben said to kill anyone who tries to stop them.  There was also the midnight showing of "Hanging Mr. Cooper".  They all gathered around to see Locke kill his daddy - even hoping he went through with it.  That doesn't sound innocent to me.

Great point about all coming to watch the killing of Cooper. What peaceful, normal person does that? These people are lean, mean killing machines.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 04:34:31 PM »
I'm very much enjoying the dialogue of this thread. :)

Last night's clip show seemed to indicate that the Purge was BEN'S idea carried out by the Hostiles.  Did anyone else have this impression?

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »
I'm very much enjoying the dialogue of this thread. :)

Last night's clip show seemed to indicate that the Purge was BEN'S idea carried out by the Hostiles.  Did anyone else have this impression?

That's what they indicated - The Purge was Bens' idea.  "Control Freak" - special or not.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »
IMO, this seems to support most of WhatThe's theories, then.  Ben really is the mastermind behind the evil that's taking place.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »
I don't disagree that Ben is the mastermind, but I don't think you can say the rest are innocent.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »
I don't disagree that Ben is the mastermind, but I don't think you can say the rest are innocent.
Agreed. :)

Offline Psych0666

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »
After watching the producers special last night, they stated the island is not purgatory, not hell, they are alive somewhere "in the space time continuum".

Any way, someone here brought it up a long time ago (don't know who sometime around flashes b4 your eyes),  MPU'S.

And what if on the island they see, just like Desmond moments in time but they (others) know which MPU the given event is taking place and that particular MPU which they went to recruit Juliet, her husband got killed by a bus,  a lot less work than planning around the route?

That would explain how a plane full of people are at the bottom of the ocean Dead, though I don't like the theory very much, it makes the most sense and I'm sure the writers can tie it in without Killing the show (jumping the Shark)

I remember that thread and I loved the theory, wasnt sure if it was 'Lost' but I loved cos, well I'm a trekie, and also cos i did explain alot, just wasn't sure if they'd take that route, but it was an excellent theory, if it comes ture I'll be pretty chuffed, if it doesn't well I hope pretty chuffed anyway :D

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »

I remember that thread and I loved the theory, wasnt sure if it was 'Lost' but I loved cos, well I'm a trekie, and also cos i did explain alot, just wasn't sure if they'd take that route, but it was an excellent theory, if it comes ture I'll be pretty chuffed, if it doesn't well I hope pretty chuffed anyway :D

I found a Link
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,3714.0.html