Author Topic: Please help us find Madeleine McCann  (Read 7932 times)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Please help us find Madeleine McCann
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »
On 3rd May 2007, 4 year old Madeleine McCann was abducted from holiday apartment in Praia De Luz, Portugal. The McCann family have launched their own website, it contains details of how to contribute to the fighting fund they have set up.

Please visit           www.bringmadeleinehome.com               They have also produced a new poster of Madeleine which you can download. The photo clearly shows her distinctive right eye, where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris. It is this distinguishing mark that will identify Madeleine to those on the lookout for her, according to aunt and uncle John and Diane McCann.

Yellow ribbons are being tied all round the world to keep little Maddie in our thoughts, and her pretty face is in shop windows and billboards across the globe. She could be anyhwere now, but we believe she is alive.

The Crimestoppers telephone number displayed on the poster is for people phoning from within the UK who may have information. If you are dialling from outside the UK then phone 0044 1883 731 336

Please do anything you can to help find this precious little girl, I have a four year old daughter too - I daren't even try to imagine how her parents are feeling.

Thank you for reading.. please include Madeleine and her family in your prayers.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
Re: Please help us find Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »
Please wear a yellow ribbon and visit the website to help keep Madeleine in everyones' thoughts.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:53:52 AM »
Hi! I live in Portugal myself, so I'm well aware of the McCann's pain.

Everyone in Algarve, where Maddie dissapeard is looking for her, and the whole country is trying to find her..

The McCann's website has been divulgated on TV on several occasions and I believe everyone here has seen it...

Thanks to people like you, the whole world will recognise her face, and it will be harder for someone to travel with her, taking her farder way from her family.

Hopefully she'll be home soon........

Thanx for posting :)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »
Thanks for your kind words Pauinha6 - It's amazing to think this site reaches all around the globe!

If you are reading this - Please drop a post to say where you are all from then we can get Maddie face recognised worldwide.

Come home Maddie...

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »
I made this sticky since I think it's very important everyone look at it just in case. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:59:09 AM »
Thanks Thlay - I've changed my avatar to show a pic of Maddie's very distinctive eye, her pupil runs in to her iris in a unique way.

Hopefully this distinguishing feature will catch everyone's attention.

Please visit the website for more information.

Offline POLLENZ

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »
i live in Liverpool, which is the hometown of Maddies mother . Alot of us are wearing the yellow ribbons and in our work we have downloaded the posters and have stuck them up both in the shop and outside on lamposts etc. Maddie has been shown in an Everton Football Club kit, and as a supporter myself, we have all come together and there are people as we speak with information stalls in Liverpool city centre, asking passers-by to join the campaign. We need to make as many people aware as possible of Maddies plight. We have also started a text message, and sent it to friends who will send it to their friends etc, to ask for any information anyone may have.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »
Hey Emma - thanks for your support. We are almost neighbours, I live in Nelson near Burnley, an hour and a half away from you. (Incidentally Nelson is very close to Clitheroe - the town where Charlie and DriveShaft were headlining in Greatest Hits!)

Back on topic...

I have read on the Sky News website this morning how distressing the journalists are finding the situation as they are being called back to assignments in the UK and feel guilty about leaving Maddies parents alone. They have developed a strong relationship with the McCann's and don't want the story to go away until the little girl is found. All the more reason to show our support.

Visit the site, pledge your support, bring Maddie home

<----wearing a yellow ribbon with pride.

Offline Rockdevil

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 04:48:33 PM »

Hi my name is Octávio,

I am Portuguese, and I feel sick for all that is happening with the McCann's!!

All my support goes to them, as of everybody I know.

I am currently in Angola and I travel allot, I will keep my eyes open.

I have also send her pictures to my friends all over from the Philippines to South Africa, US........

Leave no stone unturned!!!

We will all be happy to see Maddie with her parents again!!

dizzyb

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
hello fellow sledglings...

On Saturday 11th August it will be 100 days since Madeleine was snatched. The press are losing interest in the story, but her family still need support. Please, please think how you would feel if your 4 year old daughter was snatched from you, and spare ten minutes of your time to visit the find Madeleine website.  Read Gerry McCann's blog, leave a message of support, but most of all, please keep Maddie in your prayers.

Thanks

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 05:36:31 PM »
hello fellow sledglings...

On Saturday 11th August it will be 100 days since Madeleine was snatched. The press are losing interest in the story, but her family still need support. Please, please think how you would feel if your 4 year old daughter was snatched from you, and spare ten minutes of your time to visit the find Madeleine website.  Read Gerry McCann's blog, leave a message of support, but most of all, please keep Maddie in your prayers.

Thanks

Ditto Becks! I hope that Maddie is still alive and well, and that she's found soon!!!!

my heart feels for her and my prairs are for her everyday!!

dizzyb

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 08:05:05 PM »
bumping the thread... come home Maddie

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
Paula, this is the girl I was talking about...they did a special on Larry King

dizzyb

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
Larry King did a special? wow.. so glad the message is worldwide!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »
Yeah, I was just talking to Paula about this today.  I was wondering how they were portraying in on Portuguese News...is that right?  did I say that right?