Author Topic: Numbers and Anagrams of the Epi  (Read 4958 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers and Anagrams of the Epi
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »
So I bought a POWERBALL ticket and THE FIRST EFFING NUMBER IS FOUR!  and the drawing is on the TWENTYTHIRD!  Holy crap...

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »
The numbers are the solution to the valenzetti equation. Look here for more information.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,2427.0.html

That's like saying the others are the others because they are the others.  The Valenzetti equation is a nonentity.  If the writers really wanted people to be intrigued by the numbers, then they will have some ultimate meaning.  On a show that lays eggs and referenced countless texts/philosophies, everything should have some broader relevance.

I think that the increasing number of Lewis Carrol hints may indicate that the numbers are derived from his two most famous works.  Alice in Wonderland has 42 illustrations (this is stated on the original cover).  In The Looking Glass, Alice starts at level 4 and then moves to level 8.

Now all that is left is 15, 16, and 23....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »
Sorry to bum you out, but that is what they mean, and the producers have confirmed this. They have also dismissed broader meaning.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
What is the word that the priest shouted in the rain on Caddyshack?

The numbers should mean something.  If they don't, I can find something to relate them to.  Bastard writers.