Author Topic: Numbers and Anagrams of the Epi  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Numbers and Anagrams of the Epi
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:14:01 PM »
There was one anagram that I caught and I saw one of the numbers.  The volume on Charlie and Liam's van radio was turned up to 23.

Also, the van's license plate was:  YRE2OL

Ashley (DirtyMaggieMae) and I were going over it and she pointed out that, if read backwards, it looks like "Lottery".  It would make sense because when they heard their song on the radio, it started a chain reaction that lead to money and fame, kinda like winning the lottery.  There's also the reference to Hurley possibly.

If anyone else found anything, let us know!! ;D

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers and Anagrams of the Epi
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »
Oooh, good stuff.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »
I don't want to take credit for the "lottery" interpretation.  That was all Ashley.

But I posted it first, LOL.   ;D

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
That is some cute stuff! lol

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:23:21 PM »
There is also that connection between Hurley and the New hatch....BUNNY HATCH, rhymes with MONEY!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »
Good catch guys, that is interesting. Just a fun tidbit for us I'm sure.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 12:33:14 AM »
There is also that connection between Hurley and the New hatch....BUNNY HATCH, rhymes with MONEY!

lmfao i love the sarcasm here.. and if u didn't mean to use sarcasm with this, u should have lolllllllllll

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
Ashley also pointed out that Charlie stated he could hold his breath for 4 minutes.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 06:24:50 PM »
Numbers are cool to find out in there. I found it interesting (maybe I'm late figuring this one out) that the episodes average 42 minutes without commercials or previews.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 10:10:38 PM »
I read about a college math department who had attempted to discern a meaning or relationship for the numbers to no avail.

I thus think that the numbers represent what codebreakers most fear....a legend.  That's where you use a book referenced to a page and the number of characters from the start of the page (so 122.37 would be page 122 of the book, thirtyseventh character). 

This has been alluded to by posts hypothesizing that the numbers represent scripture or etc.

In any event, until you're sure of the book that is the basis of the code, you're stuck.

So....the question I would ask is what single book would the creators choose as the legend?

What Buddist (Dharma....Namaste....) works are most classic?  What Stephen King pieces have been most salient?  How about Dostoevsky?

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 10:21:37 PM »
I might be wrong, but didn't TPTB say that the numbers were just random numbers???

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »
With all of the Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz references they make it could be either of those too.

musepsycho

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »
For the official jigzaw puzzles they used "The turn of the screw"...

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »
Alice in Wonderland was origianlly published with 42 illustrations.  How long was it?  I am betting 108 pages.

I have wondered for some time if the writers of lost were taking us on a journey that we have been before.....sort of like Oh Brother Where Art Though recapturing The Odyssey.

I couldn't find an original the Adventures of Alice in Wonderland.....to match it as a possible legend, but that may be irrelevant. Assuming that the book functioned as a "legend" for a code, where is the code?  The numbers would just provide the progression, but there is nothing to match to them.

It is interesting that Charles Ludwidge Dodson....Lewis Carrol....was a mathematician who liked to tell stories.  The writing of Alice in Wonderland represented an accumulation of the stories he told children, poking fun at aspects of english society/education, settling some scores, and probably some major drugs. 

Perhaps that is the model by which Lost has been arrayed.

The numbers, by their absence of patterned progression, cannot represent anything unto themselves.  I've looked at the math and it is almost as if they were chosed because they CAN'T be plugged into any sensible relationship.  By themselves, they can't represent code as they don't provide enough information.  That leaves them as part of, or the director for, a legend.  So, look for books that have some 4 8 15 16 23 42 meanings.....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 05:14:10 PM »
The numbers are the solution to the valenzetti equation. Look here for more information.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,2427.0.html