Author Topic: Jack and Ben  (Read 2248 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Jack and Ben
« on: May 17, 2007, 04:11:06 PM »
I am PRETTY sure this has not been discussed anywhere else...So here is my theory...I dont read spoilers and heck I might be totally wrong but here is what I think...

I think Jack has been "compromised", I think that Ben sees he is losing his power with the Others, so to kill many of them off in one Swoop with the Losties seems like a great idea, on top of that is the fact that maybe he knows that the Sub is okay, so he made a deal with Jack and Juliet, maybe he wants those ten men killed and he wants to take over the Losties, so if Lock returns to lead the Others he will have people backing him, because we can see the Others sided with Locke.  It seemed strange that Jack wanted to stay behind so badly....I guess so Juliet can be with one group and Jack could be with the other.  I mean there story just does not pan out and if Jack thinks he is doing a good thing by joining the others than maybe this is his route...This goes along with the underwater hatch, Juliet knew people would be there, so they knew that the communications would be safe.  It seems to me that all of this leads back to Jack and Juliet joining Ben, and maybe this leads to the confrontation with Locke...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack and Ben
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
Nah, don't buy the theory...I think Jack wanted to stay behind because he has a personal vendetta towards them, and Sayid basically told him to put personal agendas aside and to what's best for everyone. Juliet hates Ben (has even said so while alone), and wanted to fill Kate in on their plans against the Others. I pretty much guarantee that Jack hasn't been compromised, he's only been secretive...which for this show, is the bloody norm.

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
There is a 'game changing' twist coming up and right now I'm open to anything even remotely plausible.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 04:37:01 PM »
Jack has not joined forces with Ben. I do not buy that at all. He may have an idiot idea, may be siding with Juliet but not a complete sell out of the losties.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
Jack has not joined forces with Ben. I do not buy that at all. He may have an idiot idea, may be siding with Juliet but not a complete sell out of the losties.

No way jack who has changed a lot since season one and not one of my favs,nor a selfless leader,would ever ever side with Ben.aint gonna happen.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 05:00:59 PM »

No way jack who has changed a lot since season one and not one of my favs,nor a selfless leader,would ever ever side with Ben.aint gonna happen.
I third this.
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
I don't think Jack is siding with Ben either.  I did think about the possibility that he was brainwashed like they were trying to do to Carl, but Jack wouldn't be looking to blow up the Other's if he was on their side.  He seems pissed.  I think he's out to hurt them. 

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 07:51:04 PM »
yeah i dont think jack is siding with ben at all, i could see jack possibly siding with richard and locke (i think they are going to become close for some reason) down the road maybe when richard lets jack know exactly what the island has to offer, but that is really far fetched, he wants off the island and thats all

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 08:00:50 PM »
This is cool that no one was agreeing with me!  But maybe that is why Jack sucks this season so people will not mind when he goes nuts!

Offline ape

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
mrs ape commented that Jack's "blow 'em all to hell" line seemed out of character somewhat.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 11:45:27 PM »
This is cool that no one was agreeing with me!  But maybe that is why Jack sucks this season so people will not mind when he goes nuts!

I think we all want to believe that the core of our Lostie's is not being compromised.  We all knew that Locke was all about the island and he'd risk lives to get the secrets.  But Jack?  He seems to hopefully have woken up.  Hopefully.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

I think we all want to believe that the core of our Lostie's is not being compromised.  We all knew that Locke was all about the island and he'd risk lives to get the secrets.  But Jack?  He seems to hopefully have woken up.  Hopefully.

Except for the whole Juliet factor...  :-\