Author Topic: Charlie's Ring  (Read 3547 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie's Ring
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »

You wish is my command.  Season 1 Episode 2  Charlie banging his ring on the arm rest of the plane.  I will post the ring and fate tape as soon as I find it.
So THAT's what brown Flyboy can do for me. :D

Thanks...it's all coming back to me now. :)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »
Didn't Charlie or Liam say the name Dexter Stratton?

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »
Yes.  They indicated it was their great grandfather.  I didn't see anything about it on Google though.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 08:57:09 PM »
In a back story of Charlie's he goes to visit Liam still strung out, to try and get the band back together.Liam is all cleaned up, has a wife and a child- litle girl if I remember correctly.Why didn't Charlie give Liam the ring back then? Liam only gave Charlie the ring as Liam said he(himslef) was too strung out to ever get married , have a kid,and Charlie was the only not on drugs rock star.  Liam should have asked for it back. Charlieshouldahve given it back then.

I hope Claire finds it at some point if it doesn't get blown up.

GJ-I was thinking the same thing and was confused
Could they have made such a huge mistake?  sigh.....

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
In a back story of Charlie's he goes to visit Liam still strung out, to try and get the band back together.Liam is all cleaned up, has a wife and a child- litle girl if I remember correctly.Why didn't Charlie give Liam the ring back then? Liam only gave Charlie the ring as Liam said he(himslef) was too strung out to ever get married , have a kid,and Charlie was the only not on drugs rock star.  Liam should have asked for it back. Charlieshouldahve given it back then.

I hope Claire finds it at some point if it doesn't get blown up.

GJ-I was thinking the same thing and was confused
Could they have made such a huge mistake?  sigh.....

yes they have , if I ever findit in search have to really spend a long time updating my continuity errors thread topic.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't remember EVER seeing that ring before and I've re-watched both of the first two seasons.  They made a point of having Charlie brush his hand under his nose in the last flashback right before introducing himself to Claire - you can see it there. 

Does anyone else remember seeing it before last night?
i remember seeing it, i just don't know where.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
On Thursday night's clip show, I noticed it a few times.  Drug scenes, peanut butter scenes, guitar scenes.  It has always been there. :)

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
Didn't he also say in Season 1 about Tour of Denmark-the explaination of the ring(I think,sorry) wonder why he lied, I guess to make himself look better.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 02:34:28 AM »
Ok.  I thought this whole time that it was strange when he said his mother gave the ring to Liam.  See I thought the ring was Charlie's dad's, but just in case anyone else thought that I listened to it again and he said "mom gave this to you, it was her father's and his father's before that."  So I'm clearheaded again!

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »
His brother didn't really seem to care about Charlie's condition, but wanted him on his way if I remember right.  And I don't think you just ask for an heirloom back like that...geesh.  That's how family feuds are started over things like that.  " Hey, Charlie.  Now that you are a screw up can I have the family ring back?"

If Charlie just gave the ring to Claire she would have known something was up.  He didn't want to upset her or worry her.  And I think the baby is a little to young to have take the ring and put it away for safe keeping.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »
It would have been inappropriate for Liam to try and take something of that significance from Charlie when he's that screwed up and has nothing. As I recall, Charlie was there trying to get the band back together since he had nothing.

Choking Hazard, LOL! Charlie ain't the brightest. =)