Author Topic: Charlie's Ring  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Charlie's Ring
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »
 In a back story of Charlie's he goes to visit Liam still strung out, to try and get the band back together.Liam is all cleaned up, has a wife and a child- litle girl if I remember correctly.Why didn't Charlie give Liam the ring back then? Liam only gave Charlie the ring as Liam said he(himslef) was too strung out to ever get married , have a kid,and Charlie was the only not on drugs rock star.  Liam should have asked for it back. Charlieshouldahve given it back then.

I hope Claire finds it at some point if it doesn't get blown up.

Offline jenine

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie's Ring
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:05:42 PM »
I hope she finds it too -I was sure that he would give it to her (or Aaron) and was sad when I saw it left in the crib.
I think by the time Liam was cleaned up w/ his family, Charlie was a major mess, so he probably didn't think about it but you are right - Liam should've asked.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »
I hope she finds it too -I was sure that he would give it to her (or Aaron) and was sad when I saw it left in the crib.
I think by the time Liam was cleaned up w/ his family, Charlie was a major mess, so he probably didn't think about it but you are right - Liam should've asked.

I hope so too as her tent would not have been marked.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »
It was really dumb leaving the ring in Aaron's crib.  Nice choking hazard.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 02:10:35 PM »
It was really dumb leaving the ring in Aaron's crib.  Nice choking hazard.

Hey excellent point

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:38 PM »
Clair will find it, because if they kill him off they will use the ring as a reminder in the future.  They made too much of a spectacle of it to just let it fall in the sand and be "lost".

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
Clair will find it, because if they kill him off they will use the ring as a reminder in the future.  They made too much of a spectacle of it to just let it fall in the sand and be "lost".

I hope so after all Charlie in season one had writen on the bandages on his hand :FATE

Offline Eballs

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 03:46:28 PM »
Yeah, you have to believe that Good Old Charlies time is running out.  I don't think Liam could have asked for the ring back without some kind of horrible reaction from Charlie.  If I remember correctly Liam was very kind to Charlie when Charlie visited him in Australia.  He still loved his brother and I don't think Liam had the strength to ask Charlie for the one thing that he intrusted him with back.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:06:39 PM »
Yeah, you have to believe that Good Old Charlies time is running out.  I don't think Liam could have asked for the ring back without some kind of horrible reaction from Charlie.  If I remember correctly Liam was very kind to Charlie when Charlie visited him in Australia.  He still loved his brother and I don't think Liam had the strength to ask Charlie for the one thing that he intrusted him with back.

good point Liam also knew Charlie being strung out was partly his doing.

Offline redcrow1973

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 04:36:40 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't remember EVER seeing that ring before and I've re-watched both of the first two seasons.  They made a point of having Charlie brush his hand under his nose in the last flashback right before introducing himself to Claire - you can see it there. 

Does anyone else remember seeing it before last night?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't remember EVER seeing that ring before and I've re-watched both of the first two seasons.  They made a point of having Charlie brush his hand under his nose in the last flashback right before introducing himself to Claire - you can see it there. 

No never thanks great excellent point.

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

I thought it was in the first episode (waaaay back Season 1, pilot episode).  Didn't they show him tapping his fingers on the airplane (just before he lept to his feet to go get his "fix" in the bathroom)?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »

I thought it was in the first episode (waaaay back Season 1, pilot episode).  Didn't they show him tapping his fingers on the airplane (just before he lept to his feet to go get his "fix" in the bathroom)?

Have to go back and look back in the days of black nail polish  in one scene not in the next and writing  fate on his bandadged fingers

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »
I know I've seen it, but I can't place the episode. :-[

When I had read spoilers for "Greatest Hits" about his "ring," I immediately knew which one was being referred to, so I KNOW I've seen it before. lol

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »

You wish is my command.  Season 1 Episode 2  Charlie banging his ring on the arm rest of the plane.  I will post the ring and fate tape as soon as I find it.