Author Topic: Where did they live?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline rjm.barnes@hotmail.co.uk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Where did they live?
« on: May 17, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »
Over the last few episodes we have come to know that following the purge which killed x-2 or 3 Dharma Ben leads the surviving hostiles + 1 Dharma. Assuming the hostiles are a completely different group of people who predate Dharma, there is no evidence of permanent settlement except perhaps for Jacob's shack, other than running wild, it begs the question where did they live.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Where did they live?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:58 AM »
Anything that was guessed would be complete speculation. So I'm clueless. Maybe they live in an alternate reality, limbo in a way.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 02:27:12 AM »
That's something for season four.  I believe that there will be a complete change of scenery each season.  In one, we got the caves, two...the hatch, three....otherville, four....something to do with statue/pillars....ancient stuff made by a people who liked narrow sandals.

From Richard's clothing....untorn, homespun, clean but rugged....likely in some form of village/township.  From his immediately knowing that Ben was with Dharma, we know that the natives either don't have kids or don't let them wear real kid clothes.  From Richard telling Ben that he must be very patient, we know that it is an ordered society with rules regarding membership and advancement.  (Of course, Ben probably circumvented or manipulated such rules).  By the reports of skirmishes and Richard's presence with Ben, we know that it can't be too far away.  If Dharma could have identified the true native-ville, they would have isolated or destroyed it.  With Dharma's resources, we must conclude that it is not visible.....

So, close, structured, hidden....native-ville is either underground or exists as a separate reality in the same "location" as many of the Dharma stations.  It is not approached by roads, but by the abilities of a mind.  It is likely a place that few "see" and that will be why Locke is truly special.

If you look at where the others would hide something, such as the magic box or a city, it would be where the losties would not stumble upon it.....or would and think it to be something else....a decoy hides the true decoy.  I think that the tents shown with Michael and Walt looked a little too functional to only be temporary props.  We may see them again with all of the dried fish and slow fires.  On the trip to the site of the others is also where Sayid and Jin saw the four toed statue.  Native-ville has to have been close (too big of a clue).  The question is why didn't they follow up the sighting?

scrod

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:35:12 AM »
There was an area on the map that Danielle called 'the dark area' that she did not go to.  Plus we know that there are caves, etc all through the island.  Lots of places to hide.  The other island may not be the only island right off the shore, too.

Plus, all of their clothes may have been a gimmck even back at the beginning.  Lord knows if they had automatic weapons and nerve gas, they would likely have permanent shelter and food.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »
i guess we will see in the finale episode as to where they are coming from right now...because kalr is seen having to jump into a kayak to get to the losties beach... so when exactly did they leave the island for alcatraz again.. or was it easier for karl to get to the others camp by boat using the currents than running thru the jungle???? this point i ponder as we see locke transporting his dead fathers body over his shoulder from the black rock to bens encampment is... how ben said..we'll leave a trail, join us when your carrying your dead father on your back... i didnt get the idea that it included a boat ride????

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
Alex told Karl if he took the boat he could get there a few hours before the others.  My understanding is that Karl decided to paddle around the island, while the others would trudge their way across it. 

As for where are the Natives living... didn't Rousseau's map show two islands?