Author Topic: Charlie can not swim  (Read 10608 times)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie can not swim
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »
I'm leaning towards fear of not being able to swim from a past incident. Didn't a girl drown in Eko's flashbacks?? Could that be related somehow? Dunno. Just a quick thought.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
I think in both cases, he said what he did to get what he wanted.  He didn't WANT to swim before, so he said that he didn't.  This time, he DID want to, so he said he was an accomplished swimmer.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »
Maybe Charlie was lying about not being able to swim....I don't remember the context in which he disclosed this.....or perhaps it was bad detail control on behalf of the writers.  They've had a lot on their plate this season.  I am surprised that they remember that Rose and Bernard are not a plant and a dog, respectively.

Charlie states "I don't swim" in episode 5 of season 1 which is titled, oddly enough, "White Rabbit." It is just about 1 minute into the episode if you have it.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
Maybe Charlie was lying about not being able to swim....I don't remember the context in which he disclosed this.....or perhaps it was bad detail control on behalf of the writers.  They've had a lot on their plate this season.  I am surprised that they remember that Rose and Bernard are not a plant and a dog, respectively.

Charlie states "I don't swim" in episode 5 of season 1 which is titled, oddly enough, "White Rabbit." It is just about 1 minute into the episode if you have it.

I ahd a continuity thread but  it'slong been buriedwouldadd this,  TPTB make a lotofmistakes.

He did put it on his list, his brother could but when girl was drowning -season one- charlie did not go out to save her and when Des saw Claire drowning in  season 3 - Des said Charlie would have drowned.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
I think Charlie lied and said that he couldn't swim so he wouldn't look like a coward for not saving someone who was drowning.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »
I think Charlie lied and said that he couldn't swim so he wouldn't look like a coward for not saving someone who was drowning.
Agreed. :)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2007, 03:12:01 PM »
Agreed. :)

agree here too